ArborFest put on by Sherrill

Merle Nelson

TreeHouser
Three different events. They will probably fill up on the quicker side.

ArborFest West has been great the last couple of years. Only 300 spaces, only $50, about 12 or 15 CEU's available if I recall.

A lot of good practical info. Great vendor exposure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for putting that up Mellow. There are two others for those interested.

And thanks Paul for continuing to state your mind clearly. I would be disappointed if you ever got tired of it and stopped. Hopefully you save some future inventors grief because companies say to themselves.....it's just not worth it.

The new event put on by TreeStuff is TreeTopia and is at cool breezy Mare Island instead of hot Sacramento. I see Jerry Beranek will be there both days.

"I had intended to post up about the TreeTopia event once I got back but life (and lazy) happened.

This was the best tree event I have ever been to with lots of great learning, visual stimulation, fun, people to share it with, and all in an incredible setting with great weather.

It looked like a ton of effort was put in by TreeStuff (and ?) on having fantastic instruction and A Plus Tree Service went over the top in having equipment and personnel there to make it a huge success. (Just looking around at all the supporting equipment for stations and events I guessed the value to be in the millions of $$$.)

Good vendor turn out as well - that always adds to the education, experience, and I got to buy $2,500 worth of things I've been wanting but needed more info on.

If I had to say anything negative about the event I would say it this way. As I sat in on the classes it occurred to me that with the high quality of instruction there it was a missed opportunity to not have good quality PA systems for each instructor to use to be easily heard (wind cooling us off the bay was one factor.) I eventually settled on the attitude that it was part of the price of admission to put in a little more effort on my part to hear it all.

There were more intriguing classes put on than I was able to attend given the number of class periods. I ended up having to choose which ones for which class slots given that they would or would not be offered again and inevitably ended up missing some classes I would have also loved to have attended.

As I was walking away I was clear that this was a huge success on it's first year and I hope it continues to happen in the same location and similar format in years to come. Thank you TreeStuff and A Plus Tree Service for your outstanding contribution to me and the tree service community."

This was something I wrote about the first year 2022. It has only gotten better - well worth the time to go.

Report Edit Delete

Back