Anyone Know Where To Buy The Husqvarna Muffs & Faceshield ONLY?

lxskllr

Treehouser
I'm looking to get the Husky mesh faceshield and muffs. I want the shield for my work helmet because the petzl one is about worn out, and I don't like it much, and the muffs are for my thriftshop helmet I got. Best deal I can find is $60 on amazon, but that comes with a helmet. I think the price is good, but it's dumb getting a helmet I won't use, though I could give it to the boss for construction. My older Husky helmet stays on better than the msa vguard, which he's wearing atm.

Alternatively, is there any other system amazing enough to consider? I like everything about the Husky system, except the muffs occasionally get pulled off the mounts, and it's a bit of mystery how to put them back til you figure it out. Any system would have to work well with a vertex vent.

Oh, and to remount the husky, you point the muff to the sky, shove the disk into the socket, then rotate the muff downward, and it should pop into place. Might help someone...

edit:
Forgot. I don't want fine metal mesh. I like the coarse plastic. Metal rusts too fast, and the fine mesh lights up in the sun and blinds me. My petzl and my old husky shield were metal, and I hated them.

edit2:
Crap. The helmet I'm looking at comes with metal mesh. I can deal with that til it's worn out, and buy plastic that'll fit the mount. Not ideal, but it'll work.

edit3:
I'll get it eventually! Another option is hacking a nylon screen into the vertex visor frame. That was something I wanted to look at, but forgot about. It's annoying as shit that petzel doesn't sell helmet components. Lose a post on the side? No problem! Just buy a whole new visor and you can replace it! Screen rusted out on your visor? We'll be happy to sell you a new one for $75, even though the mesh just clips into the frame, and the old plastic is still good... :^S

Last edited:
Back