Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

That IS what I tell them. And then they hit the fork. Maybe more specific like "Listen, throwbag! If you don't go through that fork, I'm gonna KICK YOUR ASS!!!";)

I give them as much bark, dirt and leaves as they could want. Is there a better food choice?

Pet them huh? Ummmmm.....maybe....if no ones watching.

Phew. Just spent three days getting through 99 pages of HH and RW great info - thanks Treehousers. Now time to write my first Treehouse post...

I've been a long time RW user starting on the ZK-1 in Nov 2011 followed by the ZK-2 with a stiff tether which made things even better.

Purchased a HH last year but only tried it out a couple of weeks ago. Tied my usual 3 wrap 3 braid XT (the same I use with RW) and was amazed at how much better it ran on the rope than the RW. Seems that as soon as you unload the carabiner, slack takes care of itself. Looks like I'm not using the recommended hitch so I'll try the 6 wrap thing with some new HRC tomorrow.

Here's a pic from last job with RW - Monterey cypress or just Macrocarpa as we call them in these parts.

bigmac.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Arborlicious, welcome to the house! My name is Mark. I started with the Zk-1 as well and I now use the HH. Both are great tools for Srt IMO. I do miss using the RW and may purchase the Zk-2 in the future. Glad you enjoyed reading this thread. This is forum has lots of good info and people. By the way nice pic. We have Bald Cypress here in Louisiana.

Welcome to the 'House!
Great picture. Do you have a close up picture of your XT you're using on the HH? I'd like to see/try that on my HH. :thumbup::D

Welcome to the 'House!
Great picture. Do you have a close up picture of your XT you're using on the HH? I'd like to see/try that on my HH. :thumbup::D

Actually, I thinks it's a VT not an XT. All I do is make sure that the cord from the top wrap goes UNDER the first braid. There is only just enough of the original beeline to do this. I'll try out the 'standard' HH hitch today with some new HRC and also throw a pinto pulley underneath–mainly to keep the carabiner aligned as that's one thing that messes with the slack tending.

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 5.17.53 AM.png

Back