Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

Sorry. No I don't have any right now im still at work for next 5 days . I wrk a 7on 7 off rotation. I will get some for u though after I make it .

Interesting. I thought you worked for a treeco and were a climber.

I was a hyd mech on A-7's, but I never got my A & P license and when I was discharged I just climbed trees.

No butch. lol.. Tree work is a passion of mine. Had my a&p since i was 21 and took a 3 yr break and joined the army as a infantryman back in 04, Year in iraq in 05-06. Now i do tree work on my own trying to build up conf, and experiance, for neighbors , family , etc... Cant find a tree company to pay me what i make in aviation or i would be done with working on stuff lol, a&p is just a job for me, I have a 6 person family to support so eventually i want to own my own tree company.

Wish i knew someone close to were i live in florida so i can do tree work with them on the side and get some experiance. Im a visual learner so i have been watching a lot of reg, you, august, kevin, etc on youtube. And going out and doing it in my yard and for neighbors , etc...:D

Yes, sir, i make a good living in aviation but it';s not my passion, being a arborist is my passion. Phi is a really good company also, and the pay def ain't bad, but working on chit just ain't my thing, I love doing tree work i get excited like a lil kid when i get a job. lol...We should swap places. :lol:

If i wasn't so good at being a tech i would walk away from it and go back to school for arborist but im bout to have a lil girl in less then 2 weeks (4th kid) :\:. so its all i know for now. been doing it forever and got a chit ton of tools, and none of that craftsman chit eiather. lol...

Yea, your right bout that one, bud. But, don't no how to explain it just something i've always wanted to do.

:violent1:.....But thats y i was gone from the forum for so long got this new job and have been none stop for a year now. But, im back for awhile in forum world.

Well, butch take care ill be back on in a lil bit have to go change some seat belts out on this flying contraption. lol.

And i respect that warning. But, even if it dont work out as a career change i will always climb.

Good to climb and enjoy, and have a job with benefits.

Don't start a business on a shoe string, working a long time to afford the tools that would have made short work of things, like a Wraptor, if applicable... Probably last you a life time. You can build an arsenal of equipment from side tree jobs.

Yes sir been doing side jobs n buying little things. Like new rope . Just got a echo 450p from doing one job etc..

Good to climb and enjoy, and have a job with benefits.

Don't start a business on a shoe string, working a long time to afford the tools that would have made short work of things, like a Wraptor, if applicable... Probably last you a life time. You can build an arsenal of equipment from side tree jobs.

Well said Sean, and very true. I've accumulated a good bit of gear that way..... :thumbup:;)

I guess that I'm saying that is wise to build up the arsenal before needing to start taking mortgage/ bills out of tree money. Its way easier to pay for it all if you have all the money making tools already, and an expanding customer base. Way harder to afford to buy the money making tools, doing it the easier way, if you have to start from scratch. Ask me how I know.

Sean,
"most" of the money I'm fortunate enough to make doing tree work is turned into gear. Some of it does help
to "put food on the table". My "full time" job covers everything, the money from tree work helps me "get ahead"(a little bit ;)).
That's why it kinda scares me whenever people ask if I plan to "start my own business", 'cause right now it's not something
my family could "survive" on.
If that makes any sense.

Ya, Randy, totally makes sense. I wish I had a steady paycheck along with the business. I did, actually, but worked too much and the job was not a good fit. It was easier.

Sean. Thats my plan to do tree work is how nhlocal is doing. This jobs for the family. Tree work is for me n one day a career . Still getting down a climbing sys/set up that I'll always use. I guess that can b compared to Butchs tauntline set up if u know what im sayin. :D. One step at a time.

Back