Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

Your legs are much more powerful and durable for getting up the rope with a rope walker system. The handled ascender is a help. You have the double-grip ascender in your avatar, same as Stephen/ CursedVoyce has, I believe.

If you're using a TIP that fails, and you drop with an ascender over your hitch, you can rip your sheath with the toothed ascender. You're HH won't rip the sheath in the same way, as its hitch cord and friction bars (dogbone and biner against the HH spine). Let go of the handled ascender. If you foot ascender rips your sheath below your HH, oh well. If it rips above your HH, oh shit. You may well know this danger already, but just in case.

I've was using a DdRt system for a bunch of 30' climbs. Way harder climbing on my body pulling in and tending slack old school. I could feel the extra work on my traps for sure. SRT with a leg ascender is the least work, short of a wraptor, for me. I would consider a chest roller for big ascents.

I've been trying some of Dave McN's rope walker details, lately, trying to fine tune.

Rope Walking with the Wrench is so very sweet. I like a fresh pair of the smurf gloves myself as opposed to a hand ascender, which can get in the way in dense conifers. . .

I was able to redirect off a couple trees at the top of the cliff to keep my rope further away from the rocks in some spots.
Anything sliding or flipping in any direction unprotected on those rocks was up for serious abrasion in a very short time. Having one rope through the conduit saver and staying as vertical as possible worked well, except where I had suitable trees to use as sideways redirects, no abrasion round those, Now that i've cut all the trees, when the next crop of seedlings needs cutting in about five years, we're going to have to get creative with anchor points!

Rope Walking with the Wrench is so very sweet. I like a fresh pair of the smurf gloves myself as opposed to a hand ascender, which can get in the way in dense conifers. . .

I have to consciously try to keep my hands open, so that I"m only trying to hold my self upright with my arms, and do the propulsion with my legs. My legs never get tired while climbing.

...yep I get the leg power thing no argument...not worried about sheath damage due to tie in failure...Handled ascender bungees to HH with a little footlocking and it slides and grabs nicely...at some point will add a foot ascender

i wanna try a wrench. anyone got one for loan?

Hey! Good to hear from ya' again, glad you're still around. :)

There's a demo floating around and a thread for but I'm sure there's a waiting line as well

Ayuh,
I should be getting the SRT demo kit by Wednesday. Really looking forward to trying out all the "goodies"..... :thumbup::D

Not sure who is after me.....? :?

There's a demo floating around and a thread for but I'm sure there's a waiting line as well

Hey! Good to hear from ya' again, glad you're still around. :)

Ayuh,
I should be getting the SRT demo kit by Wednesday. Really looking forward to trying out all the "goodies"..... :thumbup::D

Not sure who is after me.....? :?

Well thanks for the info yall. And randy keep up the good work your recent vids are good. I like over the deck wreck.

Yes, I'm familiar sir, i might give it a go if i don't get any taker's on a loaner. ty for your input.

No demensions. Im Going to watch kevins vid were he's making one in the beginning of it n kinda shot from the hip.

I used a hickory hammer handle. It was longer than needed, but worked. I took the largest drill bit I had. I drilled at about 45 degrees, then used a chainsaw file to 'waller out' the hole. Somehow, I took some small diameter junk accessory rope to wear the hole in. I feel like I hung the wooden RW by the tether, and used a back and forth action of the rope through the hole to try to open it a bit, and glaze it. I could have used a touch less friction.

The beauty is that it is fast too make one. The ZK1 came out soon thereafter. A nice step up, midline attachable.

Ty. Kevin n southsound. Ima make me one. I have tried the HH , uni. I tHink I'm going to like the rw. Im sticking with friction hitchs so the rw might b up my alley.

Back