Advertising 101.1

Tree09

Treehouser
Some of you guys posted the names of websites that you use to find jobs, could you please post them again, since the other thread was deleted....

Hey Kyle. The website is not allowing me to comment on your thread for some reason, so here's my $0.02:

Kyle, a couple of things that have helped on my end:

* Facebook is a start, and you can use it as a sort of a website, but it limits access to people who have Facebook accounts; make sure to get linked to your hometown's page/forum.
* Also look into local sites like NextDoor (there's a website/app for it), town Patch website and others; ask your local stay at home Mom's who should know about them
* Network with local contractors, especially landscapers; get a simple business card made up for them to pass out/remember you by; I did these on Vistaprint in about 30 minutes for about $20 or 500 cards (search online for "business card coupons deals"); still a reliable method, as I get lots of calls from them
* On the business card front, find local high traffic stores/libraries and see about leaving cards there (in a card holder; Business Card Holders | Amazon.com | Office & School Supplies - Desk Accessories & Workspace Organizers - https://www.amazon.com/Business-Card-Holders/b/ref=dp_bc_aui_C_4?ie=UTF8&node=490604011)

My buddy told me he bought a 13k motorcycle and slapped a company sticker on it and wrote it off as advertising...

I was like yeah. Advertising is a broad sword.

My buddy told me he bought a 13k motorcycle and slapped a company sticker on it and wrote it off as advertising...

I was like yeah. Advertising is a broad sword.
The real question is "what's the IRS think about that write-off?".

The best part of 2019 is you could write off all the depriciation in one year. Which is huge savings. I dont know if that applied to motor bikes but trucks and equipment it's a win win.

They have computer power, and time (accruing interest on taxes, and interest in penalties) in the side.

Idk, as clearly I'm no revenue-agent or CPA.

I wonder how long before taxes go past the statute of limitations-type of thing.

Best advertising money I've spent...signs.

Currently doing admin odds and ends, and surfing, 1 mile from home, in my best target market, letting rush-hour commuters and school drop-off traffic for my whole peninsula go past in a two lane road that is the only access, maybe 200-300+ cars passing in this busy hour. Most heads turn to look at least a little, as nobody is normally parked in this spot, at the Grange Hall.

Didn't have time this morning to hook on the chipper.

Vista print has inexpensive banners that match your business cards... Could go on the truck while parked, or use simple stakes to make a yard sign if you're off the roadway.

I suspect you could make a frame around the banner, as a sign, if you're looking for an inexpensive start.

Getjobber.com offers a free two week trial.
Not advertising, but a professional appearance.
They used to have a refer-ee/ referrer 'reward' of an account credit for both sides.

Attachments

• 15791945359001966971359.jpg
    15791945359001966971359.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back