Adjustable Rope Swing

Brock Mayo

TreeHouser
Random question...

I had to step in and re-hang a small rope swing near my house that had broken at least 4 times this summer. It turns out the hardware store still doesn't have very good rope :) So... I've got a pretty solid rig, but the height of the handle has to be just right for different sized humans (mostly kids/adults). Any ideas for a quick adjust handle? My first thought was an adjustable style loopie or whoopie, but it seems like it would be hard to reach up and adjust it...
Tonight I just hung a kids handle from a prussik on the main rope above the adult handle. It worked fine, but I feel like there's a more elegant solution. The other issue is there are a bunch of savage teens that seem to destroy anything that doesn't instantly make sense to them. So if any idiot can look at the handle and figure it out, that would be a plus!
Another thought was a daisy chain/ultra sling that you clip a carabiner into the right pocket. Someone will likely steal the carabiner (for their key chain) and throw the handle in the river. I should mention this location is under a bridge, which really brings out the trolls :)

Back