38 Special Grinder

38hp is kind of a low hp machine,Even the RG50 struggles with the big ones.

38hp is kind of a low hp machine,Even the RG50 struggles with the big ones.
Operator comes 1st ,then h.p. A stump grinder is only as good as the operator.

38 h.p is more then enough power for a machine of that size. I have 25 hp on my machine and I can make up to $300 hr with that, [a 38 hp upgrade would be even better].
I've been running my machine soley since I bought it new in the spring of '03. After 9 years running it I'm the best I can be operating it, smooth and quick.
It took me a couple of years to get good enough operating it to make $300hr. Disabling the auto-sweep and installing Green Teeth was a big factor also.

Operator comes 1st ,then h.p. A stump grinder is only as good as the operator.

38 h.p is more then enough power for a machine of that size. I have 25 hp on my machine and I can make up to $300 hr with that, [a 38 hp upgrade would be even better].
I've been running my machine soley since I bought it new in the spring of '03. After 9 years running it I'm the best I can be operating it, smooth and quick.
It took me a couple of years to get good enough operating it to make $300hr. Disabling the auto-sweep and installing Green Teeth was a big factor also.

The machine we use anyone can make $300hr easily,Just not constant not enough stumps.

The machine we use anyone can make $300hr easily,Just not constant not enough stumps.
A machine to big and you don't dare damage a pristine lawn. A lightweight 25-38 hp self propelled might take a little longer, but it can stay steady with alot more work.
I remember when doing research on buying a grinder 10-12 yrs ago. People laughed at the little Vermeer 252, calling it a rental favorite. I bought mine anyways and found out like alot of other tree outfits that it's a real money maker.

Willard, I agree that a well versed operator can make greAt money win a 252. But I'm gonna let you keep that status. I'll take my 7015 all day long. I'll lay plywood out to keep lawn damage down.
I'm also competing mainly with tow behinds, so there you go....

Willard, I agree that a well versed operator can make greAt money win a 252. But I'm gonna let you keep that status. I'll take my 7015 all day long. I'll lay plywood out to keep lawn damage down.
I'm also competing mainly with tow behinds, so there you go....
The 7015 is a fine machine Scott, but I can't be bothered hauling and laying plywood around.
Every operator fits his machine with practice..

A machine to big and you don't dare damage a pristine lawn. A lightweight 25-38 hp self propelled might take a little longer, but it can stay steady with alot more work.
I remember when doing research on buying a grinder 10-12 yrs ago. People laughed at the little Vermeer 252, calling it a rental favorite. I bought mine anyways and found out like alot of other tree outfits that it's a real money maker.

Im yet to see the RG50 damage lawn,downside is its not remote control...

Back