would you buy this gun??

When I lived in Indialantic, back in the 70's. There was a bait shop on the mainland side of the Indian river Right in downtown Eau Gallie. The owner was an avid gun collector. He had countless broomhandle Mausers in 9mm and 30 mauser. I am talking display cases full of them. plus all the early Smith and Wessons Models 1, 2, and 3's a lot of early Colt SAA's. I do not know if he is still around. But if so he would be a good source for info.

They look pretty rough. I'd say a more realistic value would be around $100-$200 each.

They look pretty rough. I'd say a more realistic value would be around $100-$200 each.

Via all my looking today for info during the race and knowing my pictures were in low light and not very high quality I'm not convinced of this I saw more than a few sold for well over the 1000 dollar range a few with know broken parts. The one with scroll work has the ejector which was out in the pic and it functions fine plus the barrel is riffled (I hope that term is correct). I had asked about the 40+ yr old ammo as I want to shoot it. The link stig had posted sold so low because it was over cleaned (Via a email to the seller's response). I will be keeping them, more than likely just figured to add them to ins policy if valuable enough. I'll get some better pictures tommorow night.

Would it do any harm to the value to lightly oil the wood parts to bring out the depth of sheen? Rather than a heavier finishing oil, you can just take some walnuts and crush them up and wrap in a thin cloth, then rub back and forth over the wood, imparting some oil. Polish with a soft cloth and your hands. You aren't removing or staining anything, just making the wood pretty.

Don't shoot up that pinfire ammo.
It is a collectors item in itself!

Good point Stig! The ammo is worth more than the guns. I saw these at an online auction yesterday!!!

Ammo.jpg

Lot of Antique Ammunition
Estimate: $1400 - 2250
Five full, partial, and empty boxes of antique ammunition, including Phoenix Metallic Cartridge 32-100 caliber short (empty), and Union Metallic Cartridge .30 caliber long.

long day today. At the price of those boxes, I won't be shooting even one bullet, but with my sore neck tomorrow I will get the high res pics.

Caught somebody out practicing with her birthday present :D

IMG_0709.jpg IMG_0711.jpg IMG_0713.jpg

Of course the boys wanted to squeeze off a couple as well. They have only shot rifle. So this was a first for them.

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats a nice lil gun, if I were going to carry I might get me one, not with my temper though.......

Good on you Paul knowing your temperament and acting accordingly :thumbup:

Here is the holster I got with it and the profile front and rear pockets. The rear pockets on my jeans are too shallow so the shirt tail has to cover it. Front, NP.

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
I've been wanting one of those for a while now. I picked up a Ruger LC9, but it's a little too big for a pocket holster. It does pretty well in a ankle holster, but shows up too well with shorts on.....:lol:

Back