What Do You Suck At?

I suck at figuring out how much MA you get from a pulley system. I can set them up, I understand that more pulleys is more power (unless they are just redirects), but I can't figure out HOW much I'm getting. I even started a thread about it. (shameless plug)

On Tuesday we took down 7 Italian cypress trees and with one tree to go about 2:00 everyone was pretty tired. So I thought we would take 10 before doing the last tree and avoid the dreaded "last cut syndrome". Just when we started back up I had some little limb go off of there I think about a inch in diameter on the big end and break a window on the neighbor's garage. The guy I was subbing for called the glass company right away and the window was fixed before we were done cleaning up.

Cost of doing business, some times those freak bounces cannot be anticipated, nor avoided really. Toss the dice enough times and eventually snake eyes has to turn up.

The bounce when limb lands tip first is a big worry for me too, especially with long drooping limbs. And usually, there is a fence or a window just in the way. Nasty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Those moments always switch to slow motion so you can enjoy every glass shattering moment.

There are guys that can do 20 or 30 or even 40 in a day. Just never been fast at them, and do not like climbing cocos if I can avoid it.

jp:D

Wow, that's a lot! Are they spiking, and what would be the average height? I did like 10 one afternoon, but they ranged from 7' to 30' and I could get to several staying tied into one!
I hate dragging all the fronds and nuts and seedheads over the sand and up the beach...killer.

Back