What Do You Suck At?

I suck at watching bored acting groundies waiting for "stuff" to happen when they could be doing a multitude of things to further the job along. If you have time to lean, you have time to clean.

I suck at walkin away. If my best isn't good enough, sayin wtf and movin on to the next challenge.
Transitioning from tree to ground. Feet on the ground, head up my ash.
Not expecting so much from people, wife, kids etc.
Tryin not to be a Drama queen, especially when dudes are rakin like its a Sunday stroll and the brush is stacked everywhere but behind the chipper and butts the wrong way.
Keeping in touch with friends. Wife says " you have to be a friend to have a friend".

Well, most of you guys know all too well by now that I suck at the diagonal cut. It's a feel thing. Some guys got it, some don't.

Lately though I'm realizing that I suck at judging acceptable level of risk to take when dropping stuff out of a tree. E.g. I'll be pruning a big Fir, and I'll have some big dead branch that I don't want to try to rope out because I know it's just going to get hung up. So I'll cut it up into three or four manageable pieces up into the tree and find a perfect "window" to shoot em' down to the lawn through. Piece #1: Perfect! Piece #2: Dang I'm good!! Piece #3: *@#$F!* aaaahhhhhhrgh!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or a zipline. Lazy solutions always get me in trouble.

No, no, Darin: At least an inbred doesn't have to worry about being pedantic--I don't think.

No, I was referring to my thread I started a while back about ziplines. It seemed that the consensus view was that they seldom worked out. You're probably right. Didn't mean to re-open the controversy.:|:

Oh, I get it. I don't use them much but every now and again, they are the bomb.

I suck at remembering names. A lot of folks know me and say "Hi Darin" to me when I am out in public. That portion of my brain seems to be gone.

:lol:

Dropping whatever I might be doing for a break. I love breaks, but hate stopping before something or part of something is completed, just can't cold turkey it. Guys will be sittin and sippin or whatever, and I'll still be making noise. I get the cool it vibes if I glance over, then I usually stop. Probably an old habit from working by myself. :roll:

Back