What Do You Suck At?

Way back when I wore the bell bottom blues I could toss a heaving line with the best of them .

A little secret ,use "white line " which is basically braided cotton clothes line .Make up a 50 foot section and coil it in the bottom of a tray of some sort and soak it in salt water then let it dry . You want about a 15- 18" coil .It causes the line to retain some stiffness and it will uncoil much better than limber braided nylon .

Hold half the coils with the weight in your throwing hand and pay the other half out with your other hand .You won't be able to toss all 50 straight up unless you have the arm of a major league pitcher .Even I though can still get about 25 feet overhead .. Just a little tip,take it for what it's worth .:)

For me its setting a line with the throwball. There is a fair chance I will launch that thing behind me and hit someone. Occasionally, when no one is watching, I make my shot but most of the time I stink up the great outdoors. ..

Ha! That would be me too...I had an amusing thread going as AS back a while...referring to slamming shutters, pets being pulled indoors, cars backing out of range...

I'm terrible with the throwline. I too have crossed over the high voltage once, nothing happened either. Bigshot all the way, even on short/low ones.

Based upon my day.....Bidding and crown reducing perfectly healthy Silver Maples which happen to have no central leader and no bucket access.Aargh!

I really , really, really just abysmally suck at judging people. Someone tells me he's a great climber, then dang it , I'll let him climb. He sucks, well, he just had a bad day. Next day same thing. Then he borrows money. Then he's late. Then he needs bail. Yada, yada, yada. I have been suckerd so damned many times I just don't miss the boss thing at all. Let someone else take the headache; me, I'm not made for it. I can't help it if some guy's daddy never took him fishing.

Sometimes, I've completely rubbed people the wrong way and never even knew I was doing it.
So much so that they've hated me. Haha.

Back