Well i'm trying my hand

Nobody ever got good at 2 stroke tuning without practice. May as well practice with a crappy saw as a good one. Have a pro saw for jobs though.

Lots of meat left to take out on the inside of that port, towards the cylinder, and it needs some polish work. I don't resign with the polish to a glass finish, I like it a little rough, but not gouged out like that.
Learn to gently "pet" the material with the grinder, rather than just dig in and gouge it. It takes a lot of practice, but is worth it in the end.

So you're saying he's one of those "heavy petter" types :O :evil:

Steve

i found a 372xp last night for 150.00 that was burnt up.so i past on it and kept on looking for a good used one .

IF the only thing wrong with that saw was the top end for $150 :what: . A decent used runner is $300-$400 now days.

You could have practiced on the top end that was scored or maybe even cleaned it up or bought a big bore kit for $99-$129 and had less then $300 in the saw. :|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
he said it had bad crank bearings and and fried top end so i figured the crank would be bad too. but he said that he will keep posting untill he gets it sold so i'll keep an eye on it and maybe i will get it for under a 100.00 or something. so i figure if i can getb it under a 100.00 i might come out on top and keep the rebuild price under 300.00.

yeah i know but he said that the bearings and top end is gone.but i'll go and look at it and see what i can find out about it.i found a good used 066 stihl for 600.00 but i see if it will come down any on it if he will i'll go and check it out.but i'll keep on looking and i might find a few that i might look at getting.

well i went out fellers and bought me a new cannon digtal camera with the macro setting on it.and it's really nice i knew i needed to up grade and now i findly done it.

and that was with the macro setting on it. it is a 12.1 mega pixels and 28mm wide and 4x times zoom on it.

I have the Canon SD750 (the older version of yours) and have been using it for five years now. They are excellent cameras for the money and very easy to use as well as being quite durable.

yeah i got this one at american rentals here in town and i'm paying 43.00 bucks a month for 4 months and then it's mine.and here is a picture i took of the cylinder for my poulan 295 farmhand.

poulan 295 cylinder 001 (3).jpg

yeah now i have to finsh the rest of the cylinder up when i get time from work and then see which dremal bit does the polishing tyo polish the port work i done.and then i might have to do some research and see how much i can take out of the intake side and how wide i can take it.

You've got a lot of work to do on that port before you polish it up .As it is it will plane the rings off in about 5 seconds . The picture is good though .:)

yeah thats one heck a of a camera i love it. i can take really good pictures of stuff now

thanks for the credit i'll always give something a try at one time or a other.but i knew it was about time to upgrade these othewr 2 cameras i got some i figure i would go ahead and do it.

Back