Welcome TreeStuff.Com! Partners!

Nick,
Great things you are doing... are you still climbing any?
We don't want you getting all soft and big-bellied in that arm chair... we have Redwoods to climb...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick,
Great things you are doing... are you still climbing any?
We don't want you getting all soft and big-bellied in that arm chair... we have Redwoods to climb...

Before I climbed trees, I worked on towers. The reason I got into tower work was because rock climbing was my life and I hated my job, so get paid to climb right? Well tower climbing was horrible so I gave trees a try. Towers took the fun out of climbing and trees took all my energy. Long story short my 4 days a week rock climbing quickly turned into 0. My 15 weekends a year outdoor rock climbing 0. I haven't been on outdoor rock in 3 years? and hadn't been to the gym twice in a month in 2 years?

TreeStuff gives me the opportunity do what I love for a living (talk about gear and climbing!) and still climb trees, albeit not as much. The best part is TreeStuff, my apartment, and the largest rock climbing gym west of the Mississippi form an almost perfect equilateral triangle, 6 miles to a side. As a result I have been hitting the gym hard, and am truly surprised that while my finger strength diminished I am actually climbing HARDER than when I stopped (already ticking gym 12s), when my finger strength comes back I might make a run at "Table of Colors" 13a in the Red River Gorge.

The only gaping downside to the whole thing is that Meg isn't able to move with me and is actually looking at jobs in Pittsburgh and New York

I did long distance with my wife for 2 years. She went off to dental school so I bought a broke down home on some nice property to keep me busy and spent the two years fixing it up so we'd have a nice home when she finished. All is well now! It really takes both of you to work thru it together but it's amazing how strong it can make your relationship!

Just logged on again, the logo is smaller but the heart is covering the last 'e' in TreeHouse, come down a smidge and a tad to the right and...

Well, I left my wife in Cleveland...

Sounds like the title of a country and western song!

That is one HUGE downside, Nick.
But I'm finding out right now, that only seeing each other once a moth sure keeps a relationship fresh.
Skype is great for log distance love, too.

That's doable. The link will open in a new window/tab now. Nick if you and Butch can work out how small and where you want it and let me know I'll make it happen.

Stephen and Leon I didn't know you guys used Linux, I'm impressed :)

Thanks for the TREEHOUSE coupon code too Nick!

Using the Ubuntu that is pretty idiot proof.... Windows pissed me off. :lol:

I think the TreeStuff logo is awesome personally. It should be a bit smaller in the header maybe...

There is a 5% Discount on TreeStuff for the code ARBORIST... the code TREEHOUSE gets you 7% off any item... Alturnamat, GRCS, Wraptor, anything.

I tried the TREEHOUSE discount code earlier and it said invalid. Actually they's not enough room to type all the letters in, TREEHOUS is all it would let me enter. I just used the ARBORIST code and it worked! Just a heads up and Thanks!

I tried the TREEHOUSE discount code earlier and it said invalid. Actually they's not enough room to type all the letters in, TREEHOUS is all it would let me enter. I just used the ARBORIST code and it worked! Just a heads up and Thanks!

Thats what happend to me

Ha! Woke up today and the TS banner was sized perfectly for my page (Safari browser if that mattered.) I wasn’t going to complain but it sure is nice to not have it running over other writing.

Ayuh,
I've said it before and continue to prove it out, I'm slow. :|: :|::|:

Great decision partnering The Tree House with TreeStuff! :thumbup::D
Without a doubt both will benefit from it. ;)

And my request for gear to be passed around is the new rope wrench. I'm very curious to see why so many
people are lovin' on it so much. Don't get me wrong, my Hitch Hiker ain't gonna go away, just want to know
how it works for my climbing style(old and slow:lol:).
+1 on the saddles too, would love to try out one(or two)of the "high end" saddles. :thumbup::)

Nick,
genius partnership, 7% discount, passing around demo gear, once again YOU ARE THE MAN!!! :big-not-worthy:

Speaking of discounts and the like, I always wonder why places will say they will ship free if the amount of order is over a certain amount, but that only applies to domestic shipping. I wouldn't expect a foreign shipment to go for free, but it seems like they could at least reduce the amount by something like the domestic cost, save a few pennies and have everyone get in on the deal to some extent. I wouldn't hope to give anyone any ideas by posting this. ;) I think it could give a boost to foreign sales.

I've been meaning to bring up shipping too. But a different angle. I see on the Treestuff site that they ship to Canada only ups. I've had no luck with ups as a shipping option to Canada. They are always considerably more than usps and they try to ship to my door(usually locked gate to a farm) and then I have to go into town to their depot to pick it up. USPS comes in the form of a parcel slip in my mailbox that I can then pick up at my rural post office.

For me ups costs more for crappier service. That's been my experience atleast.

There's the Canadian shipping rant. But I'm also down with Jays idea too. Lol.

I've been meaning to bring up shipping too. But a different angle. I see on the Treestuff site that they ship to Canada only ups. I've had no luck with ups as a shipping option to Canada. They are always considerably more than usps and they try to ship to my door(usually locked gate to a farm) and then I have to go into town to their depot to pick it up. USPS comes in the form of a parcel slip in my mailbox that I can then pick up at my rural post office.

For me ups costs more for crappier service. That's been my experience atleast.

There's the Canadian shipping rant. But I'm also down with Jays idea too. Lol.

Squisher no they ship fed ex ground! Funny thing is it's almost the same price for shipping from Indiana then sherrill (Vermeer) charges in Brampton Ontario to ship to my door and Bramptons only an hour away! I get my stuff in 3-4 days ! I order from tree stuff a lot ! Lol they are awesome !

I think the TreeStuff logo is awesome personally. It should be a bit smaller in the header maybe...

There is a 5% Discount on TreeStuff for the code ARBORIST... the code "TheHouse" gets you 7% off any item... Alturnamat, GRCS, Wraptor, anything.
Bahhhh I just placed an order an hour ago before I saw this! Oh well.....next week! Lol:lol:

All tree work related supplies here come from the states, and the one shop that I mentioned seems to get their goods the same way, and I think not wholesale. Rock climbers and people using ropes in the mountains, European gear, especially ropes, is still in much favor.

I really understand your comment, Squish, having few options. I've been really trying to get Bailey's to offer other than through the post office, much better rates can sometimes be had through FedEx. They can't seem to pull the handle on it. Some places selling goods abroad will give you a number of different company options, including the post office, with the varying rates and delivery times. Sherrill does that well. It might be a hassle to set that up for them, but it is very courteous helpful to the purchasers to be able to choose. It isn't just the cheapest, like Squish mentions, some ways of shipping are definitely more problematical for the receiver. Really a bummer when they eliminated surface shipping out of the states. Slow but cheap. Only $50 to get a chainsaw to my door. Now at least $100 plus.

Back