We Are An Elite Tree Forum!

A fascist like curtailment of my constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech by moderators with nazi tendencies has turned me completely off to many otherwise decent websites.

If you have political forums stating that thinned skinned intellects that can't take the heat of the debate should not enter, and then have moderators taking revenge on behalf of one side or the other through a secret PM system according to their political beliefs, it's downright un-American and a great big turnoff to me as a freedom loving tree climbing guy.

Freedom is supposed to be what America is all about!

jomoco

You got that right. Frig hanging out somewhere where you can't speak your mind.

Now here you can speak your mind. But if some one's a disrespectful idiot Butch will show them the door in a hurry. Which is appreciated too.

Agreed the mid atlantic GTG was Pretty cool. I still am kicking myself that I missed the after party. Looking forward to the the next one.

The treehouse is a serious brotherhood. I feel like if I was ever in need of some serious help that I could rally the troops, and It would be an awesome show. I don't get that feel from anyother sites.

A fascist like curtailment of my constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech by moderators with nazi tendencies has turned me completely off to many otherwise decent websites.

If you have political forums stating that thinned skinned intellects that can't take the heat of the debate should not enter, and then have moderators taking revenge on behalf of one side or the other through a secret PM system according to their political beliefs, it's downright un-American and a great big turnoff to me as a freedom loving tree climbing guy.

Freedom is supposed to be what America is all about!

jomoco

I've really only ever been here at the TH.

i don't understand things like what you said above.
never really seen things like that here.

Thanks Again, Butch. :beerchug:

Define disrespectful?

Some cantankerous old irishmen like nothing better than a good intellectually bloody political brawling with lots of sawdust on the forums floor to soak up the slippery blood that someone could slip on.

As long as marquis queensbury rules are observed, an intellectually rousing good time can be enjoyed by all as either participants or observers trying to learn how to brawl honorably and still kick an opponents azz intellectually.

Many forums don't allow political brawling because it can be a bit rough and tumble at times, but as long as it's done inside the political forum and never allowed to bleed into the other forums as a rule, it can be great fun as well as politically educational at times.

Treemen have been brawling with each other like sailors for generations guys!

jomoco

even guys like me cant drag the house down:)

That's very re-assuring to me as a relative newcomer to this marvelous treehouse MB's got goin on here!

And if as I suspect, that you may be of the neocon persuation, and enjoy honorable spirited political debate?

Then it would be my honor to cross intellectual swords with a worthy opponent such as yourself in the appointed forum, and at your convenience fellow treehouser.

Here's to a lively debate Sotc!

jomoco

I'd probably have a lot more time without this place, a little less tools, and a hell of a lot more money.

But hey, I still come here multiple dozen times a day.:D

I must admit I was drawn here by the "hardcore" climber aspect, and indeed it seems like most all the guys here are hands on climbers, some of them well known and masters at the art of arboriculture for many years.

Hardcore tenacity is an excellent requisite to last in this biz!

jomoco

Yes MB,

Is calling someone a pinko commie considered disrespectful in the political forum?

jomoco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll decide that when the time comes. I DO allow a lotta leeway in that particular forum, as well it should be.

BTW, no need to quote the previous post. It just clutters the thread. I'll fix it for you, just like you shoulda done after you saw that no one else posted before you did.

No worries, mate. Just a pet peeve of mine.

MasterBlaster

The House is most unique of all current tree forums on the internet. For the sole reason the members share rather than argue.

And so it is, "Master Blasters Bar and Grill" Share a libation and enjoy each others company.

hooray..

Yes MB,

Is calling someone a pinko commie considered disrespectful in the political forum?

jomoco

If that is what you choose it will probably fly, but don't expect much of a debate to come after a comment of that nature.
Old Monkey is about as Liberal as they come, AND an Atheist. BUT I ENJOY debating with him on Religion and politics. He is EXTREMELY smart, well versed and can back up his statements with facts and life experiences. No names, no slander, no hostilities. A LOT of differences and disagreement without the nastiness!
At the end of the day I am happy, and proud, to call him a friend!

Tremendous diversity among members, but all getting along and mutually supportive....it's a beautiful thing.

But....but......I'm Irish Mr.B!

My sons and daughter all have red hair!

Caint I argue n drink with gusto in the political section of MB's house without givin anyone a wedgee?

Steel capped wedges hold up to the poundin they get pretty well yu know!

jomoco

Steel capped wedges hold up well, but if you're pounding like hell and they have bottomed out in the kerf, the edge gets messed up.

Back