TreeStuff.Com!!!

Bud what solos are they??

I have been wearing a pair for 4 years or so but don't like to be on the hooks on them so wear a pair of steel toe redwings for wrecks and the asolo's for trims. Would be cool to have one pair that did all

Got my new Pfanner Ventilation chainsaw pants today, they were sitting at the post office for last few days [I've been busy].
Thank you Tree Stuff!! and big thanks for the 2 pairs of Ugly Gloves as a gift:thumbup:
These pants I wore today doing some climbing removal and WOW do they fit and move nice! Love the 2 zippered vents at the back of both legs and also the venting panel at the top of the waist, even got a zippered rear pocket for my wallet when I go to the bank, :D
Just as much class 1 - 20ms chainsaw protective padding as my Gladiators minus the padding at the rear of the lower legs. More then enough protective rating needed even for fussy British Columbia labor laws.
Nick, you have to change the false specs in your ad for these pants....they are not "extremely light cutting protection". Unless it means their extremely light pants, which they are.
Anybody looking for a good tough pair of summer pants [good enough for spring and fall too] these are the ones, money well spent for me.

20140620_140420.jpg 20140620_142336.jpg

I've had alot of comments . One went "Cool SWAT pants"!
Seriously they are the only way to put in a 8 hr day professionally with a chainsaw as your trade tool.
On a hot humid day it's not my legs that I need to regulate my body heat, it's my head and upper body that needs the attention
:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not me. I noticed a world of difference going from blue jeans to thin khaki pantaloons.

I still believe we have a more intense heat/humidity climate in Louisiana. :drink:

Yea, all the time I've spent in Louisiana, there's nothing like it humidity wise IMO. I come back here, 90-95 days and kinda muggy are now cool to me compared to what Louisiana was 3 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I understand how the British must have felt at the battle of New Orleans. .
"In 1814 we took a little trip along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Missisip"
:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And the humidity season is just starting. When brief afternoon showers appear, it becomes a sauna.

Willard, compared to the USA/UL Test model to the left in the photo, no comparison. They are 14oz lighter in a medium medium.
These Ventilation pants I just got here must be the latest versions you got from Europe. I noticed they 're the "A" model and if I'm not mistaken there's a "B" model also available with the extra protective padding in the rear leg.
I see the U.K. merchants advertise the 20 m/s rating with the Pfanner Ventilation specs.

I just thought you might miss a few sales if the viewing customers thinks they have a low chainsaw protective rating as some of the comments state about the older versions. I tried to comment on the pants on the page a week ago but never got posted.

I've been wearing my TreeStuff Francitals in the heat and humidity...what Willard says, as long as the torso/arms are getting cool, my legs don't matter as much.
Wearing a camelbak with frozen drink in it helps too, it melts just enough to sip at from time to time and boy oh boy does that cool liquid feel good going down...:)

I find pants make a huge difference. I wear cutting pants all year except for the very hottest month or two of summer here where I'll wear pants and use chaps. I notice a huge difference between the cutting pants and normal pants. Mind you my cutting pants are the old school 'logger' style like Willard was describing and professing how bad they are. Old habits I guess.

Back