TreeStuff.Com!!!

I love these pants ...best I ever owned for comfort and fit. So happy that tomorrow I'm going to order the Pfanner Vent chainsaw pants
I changed my mind on the ventalation Pfanners. Couldn't find a threshhold chainspeed rating on them so no go for our Canadian workplace safety laws.
But I did order a pair of the Pfanner pant suspenders. Mary again did a very professional job putting in my order.
Looks like no more Bailey's or Sherrill for me.

Willard, I assure you that you werent charged based on dimensions. The cost was calculated based weight of pants and postal code. If anything we paid more because of the volume. I talked to the shipping guy about wasting air pack. At least it is degradable!

I changed my mind on the ventalation Pfanners. Couldn't find a threshhold chainspeed rating on them so no go for our Canadian workplace safety laws.
But I did order a pair of the Pfanner pant suspenders. Mary again did a very professional job putting in my order.
Looks like no more Bailey's or Sherrill for me.

They are EN 381 class one, ie 20 metres per second.

Willard, I assure you that you werent charged based on dimensions. The cost was calculated based weight of pants and postal code. If anything we paid more because of the volume. I talked to the shipping guy about wasting air pack. At least it is degradable!
Thanks Nick. I'm Ok with it....that's just how it is shipping things to Canada.

They are EN 381 class one, ie 20 metres per second.
Peter I think you're referring to the Pfanner Gladiators which do spec 20mps.
The thin Ventaltion pants are not advertising their threshold chain speed rating. If they do please post it for me.
All they say is "extremely light cutting protection."

I did some research and from what I gather the ventilation Pfanner chainsaw pants "may" have EN 381 class 1 20m/s saw protection with the new models Tree Stuff has in stock.
In the U.K. suppliers with the vents have this rating, plus there are a "A" and a "C" models available, the C having extra side and rear cut protection padding.

Whatever Tree Stuff's vent pants has for a rating, these pants do have chainsaw protection. I was only concerned about the strict safety codes they have in British Columbia, Canada if I should ever take courses or train for the training company I'm involved with out there.
But here in Manitoba, our laws are not so strict ,as long as there is some protection. My Gladiators do have 20 m/s [3900 fpm] so I'm good to go for the heavy cutting jobs.

So for those warmer days and heavy aerial work I ordered a pair of vents this morning, Wendy did a great job explaining that both the Gladiators and Vents now take the same Pfanner 3 point velcro suspenders.
Nick you have to update the Pfanner suspenders information.

Cool!
I also wondered about the packing...for overseas the smaller the better, even those tough plastic envelopes.
Might be putting in another order soon...have a week of cliff clearing on an island nature/historical reserve, casuarinas are breaking up the cliffs. Need more Stuff!

Ok, I wore my Francitals for the first time today...I said I'd post a review for everyone and another Thank You to TreeStuff!
80* high humidity. Climbing casuarinas.

They fit like a charm and are surprisingly and pleasingly cool. Even being black with a fair chunk of protection on the front, they are lighter and cooler than anything else I have ever worn (Stihl summer pants, Stihl HiFlex, SIP and Clogger)
With the snug fit they wick your sweat away very well and there was a definite sensation of coolness as the breeze helped evaporate the sweat. Ohhh nice :)
They are flexible and do not get heavy with the sweat.

They fit well and look super cool when walking about doing other stuff, you all know it's about looking good ;)

I had been wearing normal cotton work pants up until this afternoon, and the difference was very noticeable. Work pants get damp, hot and heavy, they stick to your skin and obviously they don't offer any saw protection, and not much from bumps and bangs either. I don't like bumps and bruises, doesn't look good on the beach...

If they were to make Francitals specific for climbing a double seat would be nice, but the material does seem to be pretty tough.

So far I like them a lot!

I dont care what anyone says. Wearing CP when it is hot out makes you hotter. Theres no point arguing it. That being said the lightweight Euro-standard offerings from Pfanner, and Francital to name two, seem to be about as 'cool' as one could expect. I think its a commitment thing. Any more, when I do treework I wear CP pants because I dont want to be the weekend warrior that maims himself!

There is a 5-ply brand (most Euro=6 and US=7) out of I believe Denmark IIRC, they were so thin it was hard to believe they stop a saw.

Well I've worn just about everything, other saw pants are definitely heavier, chaps are nasty in the heat over work pants, work pants are nasty, the Francitals are nice. Could be the lightness contributes to the sensation of coolness.

Mind you I did have a half frozen camelbak with me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a underarmour loose fan, and not underarmour - a cheaper knock off... the same dang thing just half the price. And shop for them in January, when they go on sale.

You wear long sleeves, synthetic, all summer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, unless it's a cloudy 95% humidity day. As soon as the humidity burns off, I go long sleeve.

Wore the Francitals all day for climbing and ground work...not bad at all. Now if I could get some lightweight chainsaw boots...my old SIP's are a bit like plodding around in concrete blocks.

Those look like nice boots. My only concern would be getting sawdust inside them cuz they aren't a little taller. Is that an issue for you?

So far I've only had to clean my boots maybe three times in two yrs. that was because I had a hole in my pants. I wear spikes nearly everyday with these and have only noticed some slippage a time or two. Nothing a little grinding wouldn't take care of. They're great, and light.

Back