TreeStuff.Com!!!

:lol:Justin can't be any goofier what you're wearing in your avatar pic.
I'm looking for a a tough comfortable pair of safety pants and I think the Pfanners are the ones.
All the cheap Stihl and Husqvarna logging pants I used over the years are junk.

I normally wear pants not old beater chaps like in that pic. I like the 'normal' Stihl, husky, or otherwise cutting pants. Inexpensive and breath well. I don't use full wrap pants, only front protection. The calf wrap chafes me bad and pushes me over the top for heat.

To each their own. The local sawshop carries a full line of pfanner I've looked it over first hand. Not my cup of tea.

I normally wear pants not old beater chaps like in that pic. I like the 'normal' Stihl, husky, or otherwise cutting pants. Inexpensive and breath well. I don't use full wrap pants, only front protection. The calf wrap chafes me bad and pushes me over the top for heat.

To each their own. The local sawshop carries a full line of pfanner I've looked it over first hand. Not my cup of tea.
It's all good Justin. But as one logger to another, you must remember all the cutting pants charged up at the bush camp store on payroll deduction?
First day on the job with them and you get a little rip in the knee and that evening if you don't stitch it up right away by the end of the week they're all ripped up to shreds.

The suppliers pushed that stuff off on us for years and we had to put up with it. The 8 pairs of Husky pants I 've been wearing for the last few years I'm down to my last pair. Cost $120 each, bulky, crotches rip out, CSA labels fall off, snag and rip easy.
I don't have my Pfanner pants yet but I think this new clothing high tech today may be pricey but I think those $300 Pfanners will outlast my 8 pairs of Husky pants worth $960. And be a heck of a lot more comfy and practical with the zippered pockets, rip proof and 4 way stretch material.

Here's my Arborwear Ascender jacket, with the 4 way stretch and rip proof reinforced areas. Must comfortable and toughest work jacket I ever owned.
20140529_111658.jpg 20140529_111513.jpg

Here's my tip on chainsaw pants, get em considerably larger than you would wear as regular trousers. Keep you cooler, better for climbing and the crutch won't bust.
FTR I buy standard husky, Stihl, Oregon whatever my shop has on offer at the time.
There are just too many things that can ruin them,(like a polesaw exhaust) to spend a fortune IMO

Correct Nick, as long as I can remember all the safety standards quote professional manual woodcutting workwear should be snug fitting to normal size fitting.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7YJRMQlA5UY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>]

YES!!!

I shoulda said:

'Pfanners pfit my pfanny real pfine'

Still waiting for a job to wear my new Francitals so I can give them a review. All work so far I've been doing with the Zubat and Sugoi, 200t has only been refuelled and started and warmed up after it's 8 month rest. Haven't needed it yet!

I shoulda said:

'Pfanners pfit my pfanny real pfine'

Still waiting for a job to wear my new Francitals so I can give them a review. All work so far I've been doing with the Zubat and Sugoi, 200t has only been refuelled and started and warmed up after it's 8 month rest. Haven't needed it yet!

pfantastic :lol:

Ya, I dumped all the old gas and mixed pfresh, got caught in the pfalse economy last year of trying to use old gas, my saw was not happy. it pfalterd and pfailed right when I needed it to perpform. ;)

Got my Pfanner pants order the other day, shipping not as quick as you guys down in the states enjoy ......seeing it sat in Canada Customs over the weekend.
No freebies but I did get a huge cardboard box stuffed 3/4 full with air bag packing....... might explain the $50 shipping charge just for 1 pair of pants.
I love these pants ...best I ever owned for comfort and fit. So happy that tomorrow I'm going to order the Pfanner Vent chainsaw pants.
Shipping was quick for Canada though, I'm still waiting for my Bailey's order of chipper knives and I ordered them a couple days before Tree Stuff, on top of that Baileys has a warehouse in Canada. Just noticed Tree Stuff sells the same knives and for cheaper!

Here I am dressed with Pfanner Gladiator pants made in Austria, Haix Volt chainsaw boots made in Germany, Petzl helmet made in France, hi vi shirt made in China, Ansell gloves made in Mexico, Peltor screen and Husky 562XP made in Sweden.
And lastly Helly Hansen gitch and socks made in Norway:lol:

20140603_120128.jpg made in Sweden

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd have a stroke wearing that down here, right now.

But you're a handsome devil!!! :beer:

It's warming up here into the 80's now , by the time we're in the 90's soon I should have my Pfanner vent pants.
Yes I can imagine the heat you get down in the old south. I heard some good stories of loggers dealing with the heat working those big pine plantations, saw one old vintage National Geographic photo of a logger working in bare feet.

Back