TreeStuff - APTA - Wow!

Mine can be wimpy at above freezing temps

Haha! That is because the APTA has set the bar higher, literally. When the Big Shot first came out I thought it was great. But life is change so now the APTA occupies that spot in my truck.

By god! I pumped my apta to 260#, and shot a 12oz bag with 1.75 zing it, 260' straight in the air...I would like to see a big shot do that.

By god! I pumped my apta to 260#, and shot a 12oz bag with 1.75 zing it, 260' straight in the air...I would like to see a big shot do that.

How did you get it to 260#? Bicycle pump? I use my Slime compressor to fill mine. It takes roughly 50 seconds to get to 150#.

Thanks pard. I made that vid to show another climber how high I could shoot it when he claimed that the tekichu device could fire "way higher"...never got a response.

I'm just a greenhorn, so I need all the help I can get...the apta has helped a lot. I can hit some high and tight spots, usually the first time. I need to get one of those butterfly valves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And a treestuff green laser...zap those TIPs...I use mine to also show custys limbs

Those plug into the cigarette lighter cheapy 12v pumps work well up to 175 psi ( at least mine does ) . Mine takes 45 seconds for a 175 psi charge in the APTA, Takes about a half a day to air up a truck tire though. Think it cost about 15 bucks.

And a treestuff green laser...zap those TIPs...I use mine to also show custys limbs
I have one of those as well, and wanted to do that, just have not taken the time. I still have not seen Dave's custom sight, even though I have been meaning too.

Hey Cody! Hows it been going? Been a while!

I watched a vid you had this summer falling snags. It was good!
Thanks pard. I have just been as busy as my solo operation can handle.

What is the safe working pressure on an APTA? I haven't gone past 160 psi.
260# seemed to hold. I was wondering about the snifter valve blowing out the back though.

I'm considering getting a bicycle pump so as not to have to drag the Slime compressor out, etc, etc, every time I need to pump up the APTA. Cody uses a Topeak pump, it looks like, in his vid. Anyone else use this brand? Any suggestions as to brand? It costs more than double what my Slime compressor costs, but the convenience should be worth something. Is there a "lifespan" on a bike pump? I'd hate to spend over $100 on it and it wear out after only a month or so of use. Most folks don't use a bike pump day in and day out. Aside from an occasional low/flat tire on a bike, and the odd basketball, etc, they just sit in the shop.

I have a Nashbar brand that goes to 160.

For a 260 rated pump Topeak looks like the only one. http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_581481_-1___204804

But 60psi gets me 60+ feet with a 12oz weaver bag and NE dynaglide line for reference.

The face book arb JB something has been using a 12g co2 inflater for a 60' charge. Looked pretty convenient not having to carry the pump through the woods.

As far as life span the hoses rot from uv before the pumps quit on 100psi bike tires.

Back