TreeStuff - APTA - Wow!

I got mine, too...

Good to have you in the house, Jeff. At least you got the most current model. This has not been mentioned in a while but the APTA is not limited to the shoulder launch position. Personally I have never been able to make it work as well as my preferred, hip- braced position. Adding a green lazer is icing on the cake.

I use several. Weaver 12 is a rocket. Best one I've seen.
LOL @ Jomo Bonner topic.
Can't argue with Benn's advise to call him. Even if he can be a bit high strung. ��

But I am a Joker Bro!

And I've never denied it, not once!

TCI Mag documented and certified trouble maker extraordinaire!

Jomo

A note on the new valve placement.

I ended up bending the handle out a few degrees, I raked my knuckles twice while using it with the handle straight. YMMV

But I am a Joker Bro!

And I've never denied it, not once!

TCI Mag documented and certified trouble maker extraordinaire!

Jomo

Sounds intriguing please explain.
Also, seems difficult to not get along with Tobe : /
He seems pretty chill.
It looks like I'm prying but I think I'm just having fun.

Scars are just reminders of not caring about or fully understand a potential outcome.

The valve placement on the APTA is a classic example of design compromises. Having one of the older models with the valve in the end cap and it being protected by a stiff rubber boot, I have no complaints.

Scars are just reminders of not caring about or fully understand a potential outcome.

The valve placement on the APTA is a classic example of design compromises. Having one of the older models with the valve in the end cap and it being protected by a stiff rubber boot, I have no complaints.
My rubber boot was not sufficient to protect the valve and didn't last longer than a month. The new valve placement has worked a lot better for us.

Glad it is working out for you, Kevin. My rubber boot is permanently mounted with a stainless steel clamp and has work flawlessly in protecting the valve.

Im very happy with my APTA and its new valve placement. Im getting much more accurate with it now too, pressures and heights. Cool tool fo sho.

So is it "better" to load it ring-down or ring-up? I loaded mine ring-up, thinking it would make a better seal with the bottom of the bag flat on the valve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick said ring down was more accurate because it kept the bag from flipping mid flight...more longer/better aerodynamic with ring down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It will be worth the wait...don't forget the green laser. With your high TIP's out there it will make a difference.

I use a small piece of bamboo taped to the end of my APTA for the laser holder for mine...basic and crude but it works. Cardboard is the shim that keeps the laser snug. I remove it after the TIP is set and use it to point out limbs, etc.

I think DMc got a real rail mount like you use for rifle scopes. That with some kind of quick release holder for the laser would be the treat.

Back