Tree Houser selfie thread

I believe that there are something like 6 million women in Tokyo. Eliminating the ones too young and too old, not your types, and those that wouldn't be a choice for other non-specific reasons, i think that there must still be like at least three or four million within the general range of suitability.

Attachments

• Tom_prostitute.jpg
    Tom_prostitute.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 102
Glenda and I will have 28 years in June. I'm taking her out tonight for a Valentine's Day dinner.....beat the rush and all. :)

Whacked this Oak a couple years ago, and the lower portion between the two leads is still sitting attached. The type of Oak doesn't dry too well without splitting, so i cut a ring around the bottom with my saw to stop bringing up water, and thought that initially drying it slow on the stump would help stabilize. I put a little roof on it. Just need to cut it of and mill it now, and hopefully it will make a nice coffee table or a few. I'd really like to just mill it flat in half and use the thickness to plunk down somewhere to sit around on cushions. Hard to find a good location for that, however, and it would require a lot of space. It would be a chore to bring it into someone's house. Leaves and acorns in a person's rice field, he wanted it cut. I'm curious about what grain it will show, I bet something nice going on in the middle. So far so good.

Attachments

• selfie copy.jpg
    selfie copy.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 109
Good to see you Jay! Hope you get a thread going on it when you break into making something with oak :)

Playing around some tops in a blue oak the other day chasing mistletoe. Just a pretty day. And hand saw quiet :)

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 104
Is that Gall common to the blues Stephen? That is exactly what our blacks look like here from Crypt Gall Wasp.

Actually.. that oak is budding out,... No gall...
We got more of these
0872.jpeg

And Apple gall which is more prevalent in the blues..
a.californicus.jpg

This is the area I'm taking about. Very swollen looking. In the Blacks, if you cut through that section, you can see eggs and little galleries from the larvae. I expect we could lose 70% of our Black Oaks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393127900.917622.jpg

That in particular is from mistletoe in that tree, What's left a dead twig that had mistletoe on it.
Your blacks oaks die from the gall? Wow!
Must be a different wasp than what we get.
I mean, I am sure it does not do the trees any great favour other than the wasp eating other nasties here.. But I doubt I ever saw a tree dead from gall wasp. Branches ... yeah... while trees... not to my knowledge.

Nice morning here, splitting wood, What a picture of primitive magnificence I am!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 124
Yup they help you keep warm and are very versatile. They are just a big stretchy tube that can be worn as a hat or a scarf or face mask. That day it was cold and wet and my lips were feeling chapped, felt good to cover them.

Oakley JawBone -but I think they've changed the name since I purchased these.

I'm blind when it comes to bright light conditions. In school I had to wear rose colored lenses cause the fluorescent lights gave me headaches.

Rose colored lenses :lol: I know! After all -it was the late 70's....

Back