Tree Houser selfie thread

Thanks for the comments and derail. I'm still sitting on that wood as cants. The mill told me that the only way to keep a bit of that outside yellow sap wood, was to saw the log into a cant and dry it that way for awhile, then to resaw it. Otherwise it falls off or something, probably from rapid shrinkage. Not really sure how it works. It's pretty hard sap wood. The yellow layer is very contrasting, probably wouldn't want to use it, but i thought it would be good to have the option. It might be interesting for the outside edges of a table top. It's due to be resawn any time now. Haven't thought what to use the wood for. One idea is to make as many pieces out of it as i can and have a small exhibition, call it "The Shrine Tree", or something. It might draw some interest.

The homie in the photo runs a fine mill operation, custom milling his specialty. Took over from his dad.

Attachments

• Enju saizai0068.jpg
    Enju saizai0068.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 134
Nice pic Ed. Hey, its Friday night. Do us a favor and get shit eating drunk and say something profound. We need more signature material.

Haha.. took me 8 hours to get home last night. stuck for hours on the motorway at a standstill, 2 cars had hit the turnoff barrier and burnt out.

I am heading out for a meal with a friend tonight. I intend to get her drunk and may say some profound things...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saturday morning selfie...... mmmmmm that doesn't sound quite right.

3e6ypygu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Here's Bob, Frans and I a few years back

Attachments

• Underwood 024.jpg
    Underwood 024.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Underwood 031.jpg
    Underwood 031.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 122
My worker goes to festivals. He comes back slightly dumber each time. He is a smart guy, but I believe he chisels away at his IQ at those festivals. He gets excited as heck for them to. He went to "All Good Festival" last year. You'd swear for the two weeks prior he was headed to the playboy mansion.

Back