This is the Akimbo

Excellent update.

If anyone is worried about their $300 investment, PM me. I have a list of people that are willing to buy you out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll buy them out if it comes to that! to be perfectly honest, ive been too scared to spend any of the money (plus i haven't had to yet), so all of it is still in my account. i do have a $6500 bill tho, that IS coming out of the fund.

I wonder if you could have a "I can't wait and I'll take one right now even though it's going to suck in comparison to the final design" option for people that can't wait.

I'm in it for the long haul. I want the final version anodized with platinum bolts, temperature sensors that communicate via Bluetooth to my iPhone, built in overload load indicators and mother of pearl faceplates. But I know some people can't stand waiting.

love
nick

Hey Jamie, I just watched your video, you look tired my friend, anybody who has had kids knows what it's like.

Take as long as you see fit sir, we, sensible people can wait. :)

I imagine most of the people hold themselves, hopefully at least, to high quality standards in their own work. If they are hacks, which I DON'T posit them to be, they could be understood more.

How many times do I tell people that something is okay, but needs a little more time/ work to really shine?

Patience is a virtue.

The baby will only ever be a baby ONCE. Holy moly, D is already 4!!! Share the times you can with him and mama. Its not the Space Race.

But I know some people can't stand waiting.
And if they can get an "as soon as possible" version, those whining peoples will be usually the firsts to complain that the product could be more elaborated...

I'm very glad that you elaborate your device wisely.:thumbupold:
How many things come on the market unachieved, some nearly unusable, just because asap is the main point. Software industry's inaugurated the concept at a great scale and now we can find it in many sectors (no, no, I didn't named for example a well known chainsaws manufacturer:/: ).

Take the time that you need, I'm for one very patient.:).

Strapping lad ya got there Pork,like others stated,cherish these days of shitty diapers and spit-up! Irreplaceable my man.

Ditto to what's been said.

Take your time. Do it once and do it right. Enjoy the time with the wee big man as time flies. I can't believe my oldest is 9 next month and second boy is 5 in July.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i am so freaking excited right now! its been crazy getting this far. i dont think ive ever taken a project and worked on it so long and taken it so far. they are going to mill the parts for the gofundme run, and then they are licensing the design an putting it into production. still quite a ways out, but its not all on my plate anymore :D

Congratulations ! And also to Rock Exotica for having good business sense. Can't wait to see one in RE orange.

i love rock exotica stuff and yours will fit very nicely into their lineup.
i don't think a better manufacturer could be found for your akimbo

very, very well done sir.

Back