This is the Akimbo

Exciting news, for sure. Just the name "Rock Exotica" is cool...I have always admired their hardware. I have one of their early swivels, very cool at the time they came out.

Your Akimbo is certainly exotic...great match.

7e807c29ecbe3fb76df0c0755731a688.jpg

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, they will be distinct. The gofundme version will be a different color with likely different fasteners. It also won't have any of the certification markings the commercial version will, it will still be a prototype after all. I'm going to try to get it milled with a cool custom artwork on it as well, make it special.

Nice. This is so freaking cool. I was laying in bed like "rock exotica would be cool. CMI would do a great job. DMM also. What if it was someone like wild country hmmmm. Omg please not Kong please not Kong please not Kong!"

I'm glad it landed where it did.

love
nick

Yes, they will be distinct. The gofundme version will be a different color with likely different fasteners. It also won't have any of the certification markings the commercial version will, it will still be a prototype after all. I'm going to try to get it milled with a cool custom artwork on it as well, make it special.
exciting, my foreman will get to use it briefly before I confiscate it and make him wait for the production run!
Nice. This is so freaking cool. I was laying in bed like "rock exotica would be cool. CMI would do a great job. DMM also. What if it was someone like wild country hmmmm. Omg please not Kong please not Kong please not Kong!"

I'm glad it landed where it did.

nick

You lay in bed thinking about these things? Weirdo, I just go to sleep!

Congrats, Jamie! Look forward to the final product. I'm a big fan of Rock Exotica, and your Akimbo looks very promising!

I got to try the newer modifications on the Akimbo this weekend. Jaime came up here for a wedding and brought the pre production unit with all the newest mods on it. We climbed on prism and bandit lines. Smooth as silk. These little tweaks he is currently doing prior to full production is paying off in spades. This is sooooooo worth the wait to make it right. An awesome piece of kit. Job well done Jaime.
We got to climb side by side with a previous design so as to feel the difference. Hopefully he'll chime in with the pictures and explanation of the slight differences between the two models. :)
He'll be on the road Wednesday after playing up in Yosemite for a bit :)

Attachments

• tmp_31341-20160605_135514833049305.jpg
    tmp_31341-20160605_135514833049305.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 105
Back