This is the Akimbo

People tend to get agitated once they have money involved. It's understandable, to a point. Jamie announced this masterpiece to the world less than a year ago. Haven't we waited on the THT to hit the market for longer than that? Take your time Jamie. I'm patiently waiting.

Take all the time you need to make it what you want. It's your baby. Besides, your life is way more important than any device. I hope everybody that's crying realizes that.

They're in their own little self-absorbed world...no idea of what it takes to do something the right way.

+10

Waaaaaaaa, we're not as excited as we were before, waaaaaaaaaa, I'm gonna post my displeasure on Facebook and really let the world know I'm upset, waaaaaaaaaaa. frig off.

Jamie, do what you do, don't stress it, don't be rushed by knuckleheads. I don't see any problems with your process. Let complainers build there own device, fast and mediocre.

But, but I paid money!
Honestly blows my mind how people get over a couple bucks.
FWIW, it has already been shared.

Marc Powell is such a crying little man. He may be a nice person, but my 7 yr old daughter doesn't whine as much as he does.
image.jpg

Early in this May video update you mention people that "gave" you money.

I didn't contribute $300 during the go fund me event. I only contributed $100.00

My point is, yes, I gave $100. It was a gift. An attempt to help you develop a product with no expectation of ever receiving a return on my investment.

Things crop up in life that get us sidetracked from time to time. Don't sweat it.

Family first. Work second.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks fellas. and thanks for posting that to facebook. i just cant bring myself to join that site, tho i know there are a lot of people who use it exclusively. i feel like this project has taken longer than i thought not because of setbacks or problems, but because it has worked so well. what i mean is that i could have waterjet and hired local lathes to pump out prototypes the day after the gofundme closed, and it would have been a cool tool and a lot of people would have loved it. but it wouldn't be finished. i was lucky in that the guy i found to help me go over the design with an eye to making it machinable really pushed me to make it better. why send out something that is just ok? especially when it is your first product, and life support to boot! at every turn and every time i get feedback from someone new, i get ideas and suggestions. there were so many design features that i thought were impractical or not important early on, or i just thought they were unsolvable. but, one by one, suggestion by suggestion, those problems have fallen away. there would have been no spring loaded cam, no tool less adjustment, no bottom roller, no high tolerance rated hardware, and no custom bushings to allow all of the parts to move freely yet have all of the fasteners tensioned properly. i feel like i brought a rough idea and all of you have helped me turn it into something special. if i had gone with the design i had at that time it really would have been a prototype, and i would have regretted it. i have been nervous sending out the few that i have so far, but i really need the feedback. i really wanted to put up some video of the Akimbo in action, but i have no time, so when Jim offered to make some videos i jumped. those few that i did send out are already outdated! because i CAN make a better product i WILL make a better product. i dont need more money, i just need to keep plugging away at it. i am really grateful for everyone's help, enthusiasm and support. i do have a full time job, a wife, and 7 month old son (who now owns my weekends). i love working on the Akimbo, it makes me happy. i truly hope that it makes a lot of other people happy as well. cheers

Babies tend to be that way, my observation from afar, being blissfully child-free lo these many years :).

If you'd like another tester, who had a chance at your early version, for comparison, I'm always available, Jaime.

Otherwise, carry on. It will happen when it's right for it to happen.

Ha! Great update. That's the way babies are!!! I totally admire the way your are handling this adventure...it is a realistic, studied and honorable way to work through such a process. You already know you have a cadre of good people here watching and waiting in the wings...ready to do whatever you need.

I'm proud of you for keeping your focus.

Back