This is the Akimbo

Bullshit I cry!!

Build it to your best ability as this is your intro into the industry. Your first product is important , if somebody takes the leap to try out your product, and it sucks they wont buy again. If your first product rox then you have a pass for a couple lame ones. Make this the Bee's knees. FWIW the one I saw was freakin awesome . Guess better than awesome is better ;)

I'm patiently waiting. I f'ed up and missed the opertunity to get in on this thing early on. I just need to get one before my " flashy gear" co-worker does. So keep us notified and keep up the fine work

Thanks for the update, Jaime. Keep it going.

I'm so looking forward to a run on the new and improved version; frankly, the prototype you graciously allowed me the chance to fly was amazingly good just as it was. IMO you are another one of these rare birds, like Paul...a garage genius :D.

Bullshit I cry!!

Build it to your best ability as this is your intro into the industry. Your first product is important , if somebody takes the leap to try out your product, and it sucks they wont buy again. If your first product rox then you have a pass for a couple lame ones. Make this the Bee's knees. FWIW the one I saw was freakin awesome . Guess better than awesome is better ;)
:lol:

Im really thinking that im gonna have to pick one up when they are available. After reading what you have went through testing and building it in really wanting one

Any more news on the first run yet?

I have 200 foot of HTP sterling that I cannot get my RR to work on with out making it incompatible to other ropes. Looking forward to trying to get the Akimbo to work on it.

The Akimbo does work very well on HTP so it may be your device. I sent the bushings out on Tuesday so hopefully they have arrived in CA soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I too have dreams of Akimbos. I think life has conspired to hit me with a thousand things at once. Please forgive the time it is taking, work demands overtime, I've got baby every weekend and eve, and I've put a lot of time into making sure the legal end of making and licensing a life support device is taken care of. Plus to add to the chaos, my machinist seems to have dissapeared! Not a super big deal as I can have the first run made by the company who is licensing the design. But he was giving me a lot of technical help. Bushings are working great though!

People are just excited, I don't think anyone wants that to go over the line to pressure. Most of us wouldn't undertake a task like this even if we didn't have a new born.

We are patiently but excitedly pulling for you.

My days of working while having a newborn at home are much a blurr,i was indeed a zombie...

What Burnham said....no pressure from here...don't let folks' impatience translate into pressure for you. A good steady pace that sometimes has to be changed due to circumstance...no problem with that. Deep breath and stay the course.

So this is my review...i am one of the lucky people whom have been climbing with jamies device from the get go thx jamie. And my review is this current akimbo is awesome i got the chance to run it on a job using some new rope yale sumac 11.7 and this thing is awesome i have it set at 4-3 on the adjuster pons and seems to work very well. Love the weight compared to older one this one can slap your nuts and not hurt as bad...tends awesome on a fast descend i dont see much fraying of ropes on side plates good job rounding it all in. Loving it jamie. Nothing but awesome. Not to great with my words but everyone is gunna love it. Keep the awesome tree tools coming.

Back