This is the Akimbo

Excellent.

That means that the first 100 will be a truly limited edition, because anyone who buys one in future will have a (shiny tool maker) branded unit.

Well now I really wish I had contributed the 300 instead, oh well. Glad to hear things are progressing so well, looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Good progress and update. It must be quite an adventure/jounney, this Akimbo.

That last picture is great! Glad the manufacturing is coming to light for you as well.
Was the demo going around still making rounds? Just curious as last I recalled you were tweaking it again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That last picture is great! Glad the manufacturing is coming to light for you as well.
Was the demo going around still making rounds? Just curious as last I recalled you were tweaking it again.

I think Stephen is hoarding it.

I've got it :P will be ready to pass onto next in line on Thursday, will be putting some hours on it this week!

Can anyone tell me what size the hole at the clip in point would be as standard on the Akimbo?

You mean the shackle? It fits a standard biner, barely fits a lanyard clip. Or do you mean the anchor point attachment at the bottom of the unit? That is 5/8" dia. It fits any standard biners but the barrel won't pass through

Thank you for your prompt reply Jamie (or is it Jaime? - I never know which). I meant the anchor point (sorry); I understand that for most climbers this size (5/8") diameter hole will be fine - as they probably won't want their biner barrel to roll into the attachment point. However, I am kind of a backwards guy in some ways (sometimes backwards suits me better) - the picture below shows how I have my Bulldog Bone configured; Gordon graciously made a teardrop attachment point specifically to fit a revolver biner barrel (11/16") through. I in no way want to provide any distraction in design to the masterful product that you are shaping, though in the future I might be trying to configure an Akimbo in a similar way.

All the best to you and your young family - special times for you sir!

20151109_143446.jpg

you're off the hook this time Stephen, but i've got my eye on you.

Craig, thats an interesting setup. what purpose does the revolver serve? do you clip it direct to a rope bridge? i have a few cams with extra meat on them that could certainly be drilled out a bit larger. i have thought about actually making the hole smaller by installing an o-ring like the zigzag to prevent unwanted biner rotation. to each their own.

Yes - I clip the revolver straight to bridge. It would be AMAZING if in the future I could source a cam with an 11/16" hole. Like I said - most climbers will be more than happy with the size it is (or even smaller) - to each their own!

All the best!

Back