The Official Work Pictures Thread

I have a young lad who does all my mewp operating. He's going to France for a week in May if you want to borrow him?

Ha ha, I'm sure he'll have better things to do.
It took me half of hour to travel a hundred yards.
My current employee (29 year old Dutchman) has certification to drive telescopics et al on construction sites. I put him on the new grinder, within half an hour he was better than me. The digger took him a morning to learn, speaks French, German, Dutch and English, good job he can't climb trees. (Well actually that would be handy)

Nonsense, he's just poncing about with his Dad in an Aston Martin, I'm sure a bit of tree work would come as a welcome relief from the tedium.

Another day killing pines. The big one I flopped across the road. The smaller one was very close to a cabin, leaning over the building. Put a pull line in as high as I could reach with the mewp, around 18 metres, and pulled it with the tracked chipper. Came over nicely, measured it at 27 metres on the ground, only 18" diameter at felling height.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 47
I had to do a bit of climbing, one tree couldn't be topped at 18 metres (Max reach for lift) because of a parked car I couldn't get moved. Ben stripped it out as high as he could reach and then I climbed another 6-7 metres to top it out. Took about half an hour to get that far, stripping Ivy as I went.

just some vista/deadwood on a Ponderosa...blue skies, warm...

EW2phuo.jpg

7cQgvZS.jpg

Last year, lightning hit this Lombardi poplar trunk, and traveled to the roots. This year it blew out in a windstorm, lodging itself in a declining Madrone. Septic impact likely. Lombardi's are big.

586b5cbe169e6bc36b0737273950afaf.jpg

Tied off the butt where it caught a fork on a stub.
18a2fef341ac12af7d910a1b29e2378c.jpg

6df556bac567fa64e6c5df6c37e32735.jpg

6c4e3f61ede0531641ec2bd39c5d26b0.jpg
. Solo. SRT. Put on ground only. Crash and dash.

Nice one Stephen!

I did a ton of mistletoe jobs this year, glad to be in the pondos for a change!

This was my view for the day, its a test stand for rockets.
3a14e14b9a5d7a2e2ed04099fc8bc986.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is the pump house for the water to cool it. We had to cut some trees from the perimeter.
c1909bb122e5731fea27c991df8f2628.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg
This view ruined my day. Rotten old retaining wall that decided to fall when a piece of wood hit the spar and shook it enough to vibrate the ground I guess. The home owner didn't seem to upset but I don't think he wanted to replace it quite yet.

Back