The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sacred time.

Now, I use the VM to screen customers. If they don't want to leave a message, they don't want Me, they want someone. A referred customer, repeat customer, or person looking for a C.A., not just someone to cut some limbs off/ cut down a tree, will leave a message.

If they are in a rush, I'm not.

175fd939b76cef358adbaebd7e59a6e5.jpg

Hill parking. Chocked wheel. Back uphill, off chock , grab sling, put chock in can, drive away.

A while ago, I had my automatic transmission can get stuck in park because of not using enough parking break power, and the parking in had to much pressure on it.

4412ebf2e146252b391986eac8fd7aca.jpg

ae893bdf49b5673e4d70bbd55d7abd97.jpg

Lots of head high thorny blackberries, and a couple alder saplings. Loader bucket shears then at / close to ground level, rolls them into a ball. Grapple manipulated the big ball into a tiny ball. These went into the woods, others I've slid into my Southco box.

Easy work, great hourly, no employee! 2-3 hours, happy HO.
65a0927f6eb6ce7a3855394268f40f44.jpg

fc0ed0340d9475ac33f64f98cbc6d22b.jpg

I miss a manual tranny. I bypassed the clutch switch in my '95 Chevy 2500 so I could crank it in gear. Put a good pull on a tree and kill it. When ready to pull, just turn the switch. In 4LO it would spin the wheels with the starter. Now that I have an automatic, I have to be more particular.

Solo day at an HOA, hazard tree abatement in greenbelts. Put on ground only. Hot homeowner next door out and about.

Two trunks leaning strongly towards house from an old stump sucker clump. One lead already failed. Other trunks don't lean toward houses.
2341bf1945ec5ee6f9c67fe66e71054c.jpg
96f7032d92378fe9fe9caa991e35eccc.jpg

image.jpg
Another beautiful day and another shadow pic. Spent the morning trimming and removing storm damaged limbs from three big ole wild cherries. I like to call it "a long drawn out removal" , since I'm there every year to take more off. A good crop of cherries will finish one of them off. Just to far gone to save really but he doesn't want removal yet.

image.jpg image.jpg
My groundie finally sent me a few pics from a pair of large oak removals. These two are from a mostly dead, hallowed out on one side, easy one. I ascended SRT and decided I didn't need spurs to do it just to make it a little challenging. image.jpg image.jpg
These two pics were from the big one that was a bit tougher. Lots of rigging and a lot of saw dust that day.

Good pics, specially the first one.

What do you have for an srt ascent system?

When I did that it was just a CT foot ascender and I used a loop runner as a neck tender to my hitch climber set up on a single leg of rope and hand over hand. I just got a hand ascender and HH. I want to get a SAKA also. I used the hand ascender Saturday with the same set up. Haven't had the chance to get acquainted with the HH yet

Wouldn't it be easier to fell one tree, clean it mostly up, then do the next?

Back