The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks Sean, good info and might be worth it for this branch :) Pretty much have all that to hand already, just have to raid the hubby's workshop.
I especially like the warning strip!

Pic of the landing on the job we're cutting. Thunderbird TTY 70 yarder.

Attachments

• 20180227_103314.jpg
    20180227_103314.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 33
Man, ya go on one tiny little walkabout, and miss soooo much around here. I love this new co. to death, but man, they are BUSY... I work with Jake all the time for the moment, and we climb about half-n-half. Weird not having my own truck and crew. Weird in a good way. I'm actually not looking forward to the foreman spot that they say that I'll have by late-spring or midsummer. Random photo drop. Left my phone at the house today, and so missed out on some really nice Fir pics. :X

Here's a crazy windfallen Hemlock that Jake and I did with the crane...

20180224_160332.jpg 20180221_130608.jpg 20180223_135110.jpg 20180221_153024.jpg 20180223_143344.jpg

Meh... Who needs a port-a-wrap? :lol:

20180223_143359.jpg

O.k. Stig... Here's a Cedar stob that I fell with a 42" guide-bar, that Jake is flush-cutting with a 66" guide-bar. :lol: My good, good, man... Would you PLEASE do a quick video to show how to properly cut from both sides. I'm dead serious.

20180221_152942.jpg

Craziest Spring (o.k... it's not quite Spring yet) weather we've had in a while. I've actually gotta cut my lawn with this looming right over our house...
/Users/waltersfamily/Downloads/20180224_160332.jpg

O.k... sorry about that. I seriously suck with my smartphone. Smart phone plus dumb guy equals posts like that.

Gary: Yer killin it sir. Rockin jobs lately.

Cool stuff Jed, glad you are checking in. Damn those mountains in pic 1 are ridiculously gorgeous. Awesome stump pic. Maybe you should do the vid.

Re your new company, can you believe you spent all that time f'g the dog at Davey? Not that it is wasted time, it was the stepping stone that got you to the new co.

Why aren't you looking forward to being a foreman? Are you making any progress teaching folks how to file?

NASTY tree; glad you had a crane...still looks nasty.

Love the hinge/stump. I invoked my Stig today when I was working in beech trees. I'll post some picts later.

Nobody told me how damn hard those trees are! Hell to spur...I almost never gaff out. Today...at least 15 times. Slightest "up angle" to the spurs and skid down.

Usually just one side slid...once both feet skidded. Had to do the hug the tree, get left hand squashed between tree and lanyard for a moment, cuss-thing. I got real deliberate about stomping the spurs into the tree. I don't think they are dull but I am gonna sharpen them anyway. Pines, oaks, poplars, gums...gaffs..no problem. Beech...bitch. Learned some stuff today...I don't like beeches as much as I thought I did; nice to look at, difficult to work in so far.

End of rant...for now.:D

Picts from today. Alex and I got the go-ahead for our biggest overall job so far. Two big oak mofo's, lots of rigging to be done (we may see if we can sub that out to a big outfit here and still make some money off it), 3 big river birches, numerous 40-50' 10-16" DBH gums/poplars to be removed before they get too big. The owner (mayor of local town here) wants a mess of stuff removed.

We took out a 50' beech, 20" DBH overhanging his garage, limbs from two other trees overhanging same building...and removed about 8 smallish beech from his front yard. He does not like beeches. Kept the chipper busy. I'm worn out from stomping spurs into the two beeches I had to climb.

I really needed the video running for one limb that got belayed. I rigged/felled a 15-20' limb and the very tip got stuck on a magnolia limb above the cyclone fence. Alex had the belay rope in one hand, vaulted up to the fence rail grabbed the limb, freed it...which left it free to swing back the 20 feet to the plumb drop zone and 10 feet past that. Very cool to watch because Alex had one hand on the belay line, one hand holding onto the limb for all 30 feet of traverse across the DZ...fun to watch from above. He landed on the balls of his feet and smiled as if to say, "yep, I really did that...":lol: He said later he planned it that way.....:/:

Attachments

• 20180227_092633resized.jpg
    20180227_092633resized.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20180227_092645resized.jpg
    20180227_092645resized.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 47
  • 20180227_131436resized.jpg
    20180227_131436resized.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180227_131441resized.jpg
    20180227_131441resized.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180227_131444resized.jpg
    20180227_131444resized.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180227_150859resized.jpg
    20180227_150859resized.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 47
Ok...who's the guy using the saw with no chaps and no helmet...hmmm? (well, we'll let him go without a helmet if he's got ear plugs and glasses...)
And tell him to get his feet around and put that saw on his right hip, his legs and feet are in the follow through zone...

'kay, done...nice job you got yourself ahold of :)

Burned on the chaps. You are right about that. He was cutting on the up stroke so that helps a little. And he does wear the glasses and earplugs. He's good about the helmet when he's under the tree and I'm up in it but those were small fells in the open woods and the helmet wasn't used. Still could be hangers are a problem I know. Have to keep working on that aspect of it.

Nice hinge work Jed.

I do plenty of beech trees Gary & irrespective of short or long gaffs, they do need to be sharpened correctly. They are no different from maples in that respect. Always a learning curve with new species- good job.
Here is one I started off on Monday & as yet cannot finish due to the weather turning. Hollow & decayed is always fun! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 60
Back in the day, we woulda filled that cavity with bricks and concrete, and be proud of it!!!

Aw Gary, you know I can poke at you a bit, you are a good sport...I'm sure you guys do what has to be done when it matters for safety :)
Everyone's home at the end of the day...with all their blood inside their bodies. (I couldn't say that a couple months ago, all that blood I left in the tree...)

Tree.jpg

I never get to post in this thread since I no longer do tree work. I had someone call me to climb a tree and I was happy to see it could easily be thrown so I sent it. Was good to air out the 460mag.

Back