The Official Work Pictures Thread

I realize that compliments from a prairie "chicken" probably don't mean much but....some of these big trees you guys and gal(s) climb and cut would have me dribbling in my shorts just to see in person. I salute you all.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

greaterprairie-chicken.jpg

Shawn: Yer the MAN!

Sam: Thanx brotha... AWSOME freakin Eucpig.

Check out this mini-residual OG Fir snag I got today...

The creek is the "shot."...

20180124_094705.jpg
20180124_094716.jpg

O.k... I'm having MAJOR computer issues.... sorry gents. :(

Attachments

• 26-AM-2.pdf
    13.7 KB · Views: 8
A-game, Jed. Serious A-game.

I got to run ropes.Efrain in tree.
Rotten butts.
Tight drop. Asphalt drive. Cone over pipe. Flagging in keeper plants. Propane tank directly down the steep slope.

Roped down three trunks. Chunked down logs into the mud for the fourth, moving and stacking with the loader after each piece.
Homeowner's friend will come with a tractor and trailer for firewood. Nice chip pile, no leaves, for landscaping mulch, maybe 10 yards.

Two partial days.Rainy at times, drizzly mostly, dry some. No wind.

IMG_20180123_123227848_HDR.jpg IMG_20180123_123255957.jpg IMG_20180123_123244290.jpg IMG_20180123_123304119.jpg IMG_20180123_152854217_HDR.jpg IMG_20180123_152912798.jpg IMG_20180123_152936311_HDR.jpg

Luckily, they put in the new fence and planted plants Before having this work done. Repeat customers. We'll see them next year, again.

Had to wash the fence where not covered with a tarp. Flopping chunks into the mud, while raining didn't clean anything up. :lol:

Shoulda brought the GRCS for this job, but hindsight is 20/20. Still haven't used it. That bigger bollard would have prevented some very light glazing. Coulda used 9/16, too. Worked the rope hard on a couple logs. No straight drops...swung to the drop zone under the last spar. New climber, groundman's first days back, so I was trying to keep it simpler.

Excellent creek shot, Jed. Quite a fine stream to work beside.

Lotta work there, Sean...cool your guys are working out...good you get to run ropes some.

Without the mini, we would have had a lot harder time with trailers/ chipper. About a 10-point-turn to turn the pick-up or chip truck around in the parking area by the house, without a trailer.

Long, narrow waterfront lots mean long narrow driveways. Last minute change was for the neighbor to take the wood. I figured on the chip truck and tandem trailer for hauling logs out.

Nothing too special about those as millable maple, a bit of nice spalting down low, and I am so packed with logs and millable chunks, its ridiculous.
You'd be surprised at how tight I'm packed in at home/ shop. Moving within a few months. Would have given the wood to happy friends, but easier to leave it there.

At least this was basically a flat driveway for around here, as it was high bank. Drives that lead to low-bank, very water-front houses are usually steep access, like the mossy driveway that I rigged the truck and chipper down (POW and bull rope), after sliding on moss and getting muddy. We rough-cleaned the driveway and sprinkled moss-killing baking soda on the driveway (hourly, regular client, little bit twice a year, as we've done the bigger stuff for now. Older couple who could really need access for an emergency vehicle).
Barely pulled the chipper back up the driveway (2wd, 5L gas engine). Once, I've double-teamed (two vehicle connected) to get out of a steep gravel driveway with a terrible transition at the road that circles Summit lake. Next truck will hopefully be extended cab, 4wd, and maybe a 6' bed instead of 8'.

Earned my keep today.
81838A79-3398-4F74-A231-DE724CE4E369.jpeg
Nasty old red oak that had a vertical crack from the ground to around 20? . Bucket was able to get a few of the low limbs and the crack was closing. Made me happy to see that. Wasn?t to bad of a climb. Arms are a bit like jello from the 661 up there with me shortly after the pic was taken.

I like something like an 044 or 046 (whatever the numbers are now) when I'm aloft.

That next bump up is HEAVY! :whine:

Attachments

• big tree 041.jpg
    big tree 041.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 40
I agree Butch. I needed bar length though. I didn’t want to double cut with the lean of the tree. Just a PITA to get topside again.

We that a lightning struck tree Butch?

I don't remember if it was struck or not.

It was at least a 22T crane.

Attachments

• big tree 028.jpg
    big tree 028.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 38
Jed...nasty dead. I hate those. Loose bark slabs, tender as hell top and limbs...careful, bro.

Quite a nice picture there, Sam. Big tree. Looks a mess to climb.

Sean, that is a lot of wood, and green maple is heavy. Nice work.

Worked some storm damage today...cleared limbs to level of top primary wire and removed the hangers from snow damage. Line drop made things easy...linemen have a BAD job. The fellow was all in amongst those wires. And HE told ME to be careful.:D

Got to flat drop some, rigged the high hangers, natural crotch.

Forgot the after shot.

Attachments

• Matt Landrum hangers  (1)resized.jpg
    Matt Landrum hangers (1)resized.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Matt Landrum hangers  (2)resized.jpg
    Matt Landrum hangers (2)resized.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Matt Landrum hangers  (3)resized.jpg
    Matt Landrum hangers (3)resized.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 37
Ash deadwooding and Bunya pine maintenance 'prune'