The Official Work Pictures Thread

I have pretty good straps but they aren’t trucker grade. I looked at them as I was gathering supplies to suck this back together.

Excellent work all!

Wow Jed,trippy man, I missed you switching jobs somehow.I thought I had been keeping up.
Congratulations,seems a great switch.

You are getting some uglies there, Shawn.

Sam!! I'm still hoping for pictures of you working the Swiss tree grippers at some point. Hope all is well.

I hate having to strap trees. One time all I had to use was a bullrope, lol.

Something along the line of "If you can't tie a knot, tie a lot!" :lol:

B! Thanks bud,it's going,new baby turned a year so it's starting to simmer down here. I will make a point to get some shots with them in use👍

Finishing up what someone else couldn't catch from the comfort of the bucket,little wind blown previously chopped eucalyptus. IMG-20180122-WA0000.jpg

Just make it smaller was the goal there Mick.
basically re heading all limbs. There is a big rip in the right competing top. All of it got chopped, the tree is maybe 100',big for this type of euc though. Took less than hr&1/2 to climb so it wasn't all that ya know hahaha
e6c130fd7f4fcbe690ec604d4801a88d.jpg

I have pretty good straps but they aren?t trucker grade. I looked at them as I was gathering supplies to suck this back together.

If you used enough wraps, you could use thread to hold a tree together, to stabilize it. You really only need to suck it back together if you wanted to franken-bolt and cable for preservation, not removal.

Tucker, a past member, had good tricks, including pulling a bull line through high-crotches across the split tree, attaching one end of the rope to the trunk, and the other redirected through a block/ ring at the base or tree or trunk and pulled with MA, or attach the MA device directly at the trunk, mid-line. When you pull it, you have leverage closing the split. Able to be done from the ground.
Does that make sense?

August has a good video where he talks about control over the tree. Basically if you can see it move you have the load. On a removal, once you suck them back together a bit, you have taken the load onto your rigging, so you are good to go. Just be mindful of forces you subject the spar and your rigging to, and you should be good to go. Here's a similar tree, oak split and was overhanging house. 3/4 ton come along to suck it back together a bit, then I could climb and remove it. I like the chain style come along better, personal preference. You can get them in ridiculous power too, 5 tons even, although that is so overkill it's not needed around here for trees.

84088.jpg

90741.jpg

Ya Sean I think I get what you’re saying, good to know.

Kyle, I think I have see him talk about having control in several of his videos. That’s a narly split in that oak.

I finished the maple removal today. Thank goodness it wasn’t very big because this guy had stuff all over the back yard that I didn’t want to tear up. By the time I got everything cut down to the come along there was a ton of slack in it.

0C95198E-2EA7-489C-B570-2F7B13C4AE39.jpg

44207756-191D-4D90-ABFE-666B13CC09E8.jpg

Thanks guys :) iirc it didn't split all the way to the roots, but it was close. Shame because it was a very nice oak, corner lot. Very nice job there Shawn, postage stamp sized yards suck.

Ya Cory,he did hit what he could with the bucket and polesaw the previous Saturday, so that made it easier and pretty open landing,just some electrical and a stone pillar with a light.
We do gaff these trees being what they are but I did shoot a line and rope w alk up cause the size of the trunk along with the bark characteristics...

Back