The Official Work Pictures Thread

Quarter roll. Bounce actually. It split in half when I cut it to six foot lengths for the loader to pick up.
No pics today as I put the youngster in the bucket and let him call the shots. He did good. He understands the rigging but second guesses himself a lot. He checked the time, got upset, and told me to take over. He's also camera shy so I couldn't post them if I had them.

And I agree the hinge is very small. Standing spar so it doesn't require as much. Did I mention I was whooped?;)

Took this one for about 80 feet .
Lined the brush to one road since I had a steep angle to the chipper. I had started it one morning and took a hit from some paper wasps in a hollow limb. Came back the next morning aND got revenge with a can of spray at about 50 feet up.
Finished lining it out. Threw the top up hill to another road away from the creek.. Brush hit top side of the road. Made for easy clean up. Saved a bunch of new trees by sliding it through a tight truck wide slot. Fodder.

Attachments

• 3AFFC9D6-.jpg
    3AFFC9D6-.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 33B6AF92-.jpg
    33B6AF92-.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 61
  • A3F60C38-.jpg
    A3F60C38-.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 61
That takes balls to do battle with wasps 80' up. Great stump cut.

Wow, beauty cut. I notice now upon reexamination that your bare barelyyyyy reached across that top. Nice job.

Stellar work there Stephen!

I know what you mean by making things fit and not damaging nearby trees that didnt get beetle kill...people dont want there cedars/firs/oaks busted up since they lost all there pondies.

Rich: That was the coolest Pin-Oak post, as most have already mentioned. Nice fallin.

Stephen: Crazy beautiful hinge, considering all the meat you left hangin on the far-side. Super-pretty shot of the (pretty tight) grain.

Sean: That's cool, man. Good to see ya.

I been doin the dumbest little jobs lately. Pretty jealous of you guyzes. :X

I should throw-up a mean hedge-shearing vid. :lol:

Ohhh... just trying to weigh-in fer myself agin: Hinge mush is fer real, brothers. It's fer real. Don't torch yer heartwood. A guy's gotta ask himself 'why?' Just ta get it ta go-over easier? :? Cut more wood, brothers. What?... did yer index finger get tired holding down the throttle? Small potatoes here, and I'll very easily concede the point if I ever seriously piss anyone off with this little rant. I guess I just feel like prolonging the fight. Why would you ever take the trouble to gut the hinge with the intent of saving out more resilient sapwood by negating brittler heartwood, when a thicker hinge generally makes for a less accurate shot? Seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'm just trying to draw anyone out who might have some more thoughts in favor of the gutted-hinge. I betcha it's pretty hard to come up with any (other than personal-experiential) evidence, either way. What say you guys? (Again.) Sorry to be an ass.

Back