The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm with these other guys, I'll leave my chainsaw behind at the drop of a hat when I'm going somewhere in the tree where I won't be using it.

Absolutely.
I don't drag it around the woods either, unless I need it.

Ash dismantle from yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 84
Wow, big tree and nice pics. Too bad though, looks like someone (maybe you?) did a fine looking reduction on it previously.

We'll be doing a lot of ash removals in Europe in the near future.
Be like DED again.

There was some nice color in that wood, do you have some way to sell it to turners etc?

I had to quarter all the big stuff, would you still get good turning blanks out of it? I might mill the quarters into boards, too nice to firewood.

work

BACK TO WORK at last AFTER A LONG PERIOD OF DEADNESS/WINTER/SHITE. oops.... we took down an easy Plane curbisde, and I dismantled a large oak over two rooves from the bucket. Easy with no wires, plus the property was being renovated, so (God ever forbid) a hole in the roof or a bent TV aerial would have been ok :) (I bent the old TV antenna just for fun/target practice haha) :P

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 84
Urban Arborring. Take the street.

Beautiful chinese elms....parvifloras, strictly end weight off all structures and muni wires.

Before:
c144657687767bb2807c869161877a1f.jpg

6e98f5afb7578c3be13aaaacf6be9db2.jpg

1ba091814eb7f3908e262adf0c836087.jpg

After:
4bbbec9f907ea59ea9620ee56d3e6cec.jpg

The trees leafed out within 10 days of the bid.

Deva, do you have a 'keeper cord' for you orchard ladder for paved ground? Some ladders have chains. Mine don't. I use about $.40 of accessory cord, and tie a prussic around the pole. Once in a while this even helps a bit if the pole starts to sink into the wet ground ( I mean to put a plug in the end, but forget) or the tall ladder is very splayed out.

We slew a somewhat compromized beech today.
The top was all hollow, which I realized because I saw a bunch of Jackdaws hanging out in it. They nest in hollows.
Since it was next to the road and a transformer, I took a closer look at it.
It was in bad shape and the top would hit the transformer if it blew off, so I decided it had to go.
Easy fall, as there was lots of solid wood to work with.
A couple of woodturners are buying the first 10 feet of the log, the rest goes to a local firewood guy.

P1020487.JPG P1020491.JPG P1020490.JPG P1020492.JPG P1020494.JPG

Back