The Official Work Pictures Thread

Bixler in one grey pine I in other

Stephen knows this but if you havent removed a grey pine its like removing 4-5 pine in one shot

trunk was 4'+

EkOqm7G.jpg

It's the tree gift that keeps on giving.. :lol:

Keepin it real Sancho!

Great pictures everyone! Here are a few from a Willow removal the other day. Everything at the top was super crispy. 1 (Medium).jpg 3 (Medium).jpg 4 (Medium).jpg 5 (Medium).jpg 7 (Medium).jpg 8 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• 9 (Medium).jpg
    9 (Medium).jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 74
Long skinny suckers

21’, up to about 25" diameter, over a ton.

One thing that helped was putting out some 6" diameter firewood logs every 6' for sliding, like skid row, on a bigger one. The biggest, I moved one end at a time, some.

An avant or gehl articulated would be great. An arch would be great.

Hoping for some peelers, at over $1000/ 1000 board feet.

21’, up to about 25" diameter, over a ton.

One thing that helped was putting out some 6" diameter firewood logs every 6' for sliding, like skid row, on a bigger one. The biggest, I moved one end at a time, some.

An avant or gehl articulated would be great. An arch would be great.

Hoping for some peelers, at over $1000/ 1000 board feet.
Be careful selling direct to a mill or your comp classification could change to logging. That falls under a entire different set of rules and regulations...

Thanks, Willie.

How to avoid that? Sell to whom? a log buyer who isn't a mill? The one place in town is just a buyer.

Personally, I don't have comp on myself, only employees.

I stripped most of the trees, as on a regular residential job, as they were too tall to stay within the site.

Not certain Sean, I just know here, if I'm bringing in a log truck and the logs are going direct to a mill it's logging. You may or may not circumvent that by staging logs at home or selling to band mill guys. Or it may never become an issue.

You and bix living it up :thumbup:
Where's the wraptor??
Them looks like some tall tree!!!

Yes'M, we are ;)

Bix used the wraptor to git up there, then SRT from there on

They were, i got the easy 100footer, Bix was 125ft or so and way bigger canopy spread

Greys are usually not as straightforward like that, Butch. I always disliked 'em, in general. Often very limby, multi-lead tops. Leaning all over the map. Heavy and pitchy in the extreme. Not a nice tree, usually. Only saving grace is they hinge well, if not dead too long.

Back