The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

I've been lurking here a few weeks and it's time to say hello.

I'm a new recreational climber trying out different SRT's. Teaching myself with the help of info on the internet. I'm safety oriented and try new things within a few feet of the ground until I'm confident in my technique and equipment.

Twenty-three years ago, I cleared a hole in the woods on my property to build a house so the trees are tall with few limbs below 50'. The exceptions to this are the trees around the yard perimeter which have grown lower limbs.

I've made several climbs to ~50' and will start learning to move around in the crowns next.

Is there a list of the acronyms used on the forum?

Thanks

Welcome to the TreeHouse, brother! What's your first name? gmcttr don't sound very sociable.

My name is Butch.

Sorry, my name is Reed and I intended to sign my post. gmcttr is from gemcutter...a hobby I was doing the first time I had to come up with a username in the nineties.

Acronyms used.... I can't think of any other than a few common ones. PaX (Peace and Love, is all encompassing here. Welcome, I'm Jay

IMO = In my opinion
IIRC = If I remember correctly

Two that I struggled with for awhile.

Welcome Reed.

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO = In my opinion
IIRC = If I remember correctly...

Thanks, but the usual web stuff I usually get (I spend way too much time on the net) but when I found "i usually set my line with a rb near my best tie in, climb up, set the fs and work my way back down." I didn't have a clue.

SRT, DRT, TIP I've got and most products like HH, RW or HRC can be googled. Mostly it will just take time and a bit of embarassment when I ask.

Welcome Reed, my name is Randy. :)
I've "only" been climbing for 6 years and I'm learning new stuff every day.
Don't be embarrassed to ask, I struggle with with those acronym thingys too.
Great place to ask questions and learn whatever you want to know, friendly group here. :D

Back