The Official Random Video Thread!

Oh no, that was terrible. Was it wind or just turning that pick around and it swung too far and pulled over the crane?

The part I simply don't get, is the feeling of satisfaction that some people get from wantonly destroying the property of others.
I mean, where is the challenge? The sport? The feeling of accomplishment?

Last year I passed 3 teenagers walking along the street, riding my bike.
Just as I passed, one of them kicked the crap out of a mailbox.
So, I turned back, got off the bike and asked him if he wanted a chance at kicking something that could actually kick back or if he was just into kicking dumb, defenseless objects.

The problem wasn't so much that he didn't want to mess with me, but that he simply didn't understand my question!!!!.

He obviously felt it was a perfectly cool thing to kick that mailbox. Real manly too, I'll bet.

With the possibility of sounding like a grumpy old man ( Which I am BTW) : What the hell is wrong with the younger generation.?

At least with a mailbox you know what it is. The robot, that punk kid likely didn't have a clue what it was and why it was there, yet the impulse was to destroy. It's a brain without any reasoned stimulation that is malfunctioning.

I thought you were going to stop to show them how to kick the mailbox properly. You know like a role model.

Three at once would have been interesting.

I'm not an idiot, Butch.
They were 3 out of shape 15-16 year olds.
That is not 3 at once.
More like kick one in the head and the others are running.

I have done 3 at once, back when I fought full contact.
Came out from a concert and saw 3 guys beating the crap out of someone.
None of my business, so I just walked on, but then, as the beatee couldn't stand up anymore, two of them held him up, while the leader slugged away on him.
So I walked over and told them that their toy seemed to have run out of batteries and maybe they should leave him alone.

the slugger asked what busines it was of mine and I told him, just go back to your car or I'll put all three of you in the hospital.

At the same time an old school friend of mine came by, stopped and asked what was going on.
I asked him if he would hold my sheep skin vest for me, since it was new and I didn't want to get blood on it.
That broke them.
They decided that going home was the better option instead of dealing with somebody who was either deeply crazy or very, very good.

Best fight I've ever been in.
Didn't even break a sweat.:D

Remember the story of the teamaster and the samurai that I posted.
That is basically what it is about in a confrontation like that.

And living in a place where someone doesn't suddenly whip out a gun, of course.

Last edited:
The whole "he is either completely mad, or incredibly tough" has always worked a treat on me. I fold like a bad hand of cards!
Haven't been beaten up in decades!

She appears to me to be starting to hold out her hand as she walks up to the other woman. It's brief. All that trash talk doesn't mean much, but it does bring in revenue.

I don't much understand a lot of that cage fighting. They say that people are trained martial artists, but it looks to me to be a lot of flailing about and often if you get a lucky punch in, you win. Not saying the stronger person skill wise doesn't often win, but it doesn't seem like much disciplined fighting, say like a boxer that has a plan from studying their opponent and can slip punches and counterpunch, that kind of thing. It's often a more reckless abandon thing like kids on a school yard. Like to see Ronda take on a female Shaolin priest, if they exist.

Jay, if you look at some of Ronda's fights, you'll see that she is not just a slugger.
She has an incredible eye for getting an armbar set, one way or another.
That is how she wins most of her fights.
I used to roll with a japanese dentist with that arm bar specialty.
Makes it really hard to do anything, because you know that the moment you give him an openng, all will be lost.

Much, much harder than stand up fighting IMO.
More like a game of chess where you constantly try to be one move ahead of your opponent.
In a stand up, no grappling, fight, you just look for an opening,or try to set one up with a combination, and WHAM..........game over.

The problem about grapplin as a spectator sport, is that if you haven't trained in it, it is incredibly boring watching two people grab each other's ass on the floor, because you can't follow the chss game that is going on.

Stig, I know that Ronda is well trained in Judo, her mother was the first American female world champion in it. Apparently mom taught the arm bar at a young age to her daughter. She has even said that her weak link is punching. As you say, I may not have a very good eye for what is going on. I do get the impression though, that with all the various things going on in a fight, like boxing, martial arts, wrestling, etc., ...even choking and possibly something with no name to it, dishing it out and getting it in return, the whole thing can seem a bit unschooled. Ronda is cool, she laughs a lot. An easy person to like, apart from those stares. She is persuasive in a tight dress as well.

That was pretty hot. Cutting vent holes is not something we do much of anymore. Not enough people to vent and run a hose at the same time. We have a fan but it, well, I dont like the fan. More water! Makes everyones day start going better.
Including someone inside.

It is supposed to release heat and smoke. When done properly it can stop the horizontal spread of a fire if a nozzle team is ready to apply water at the exact moment the hole is opened. It sorta gives the fire a path of least resistance to atmosphere instead of burning through to the next room.

Done improperly and firemen go through the roof, or if the nozzle team is not in place to add water you have just opened the flue and now cant stop the fire. It is a tricky balance that science has shown to be less efdective than was previously thought.

It is thought now that we should limit adding air and limit a flow path for the fire. We shut the door behind us now and do not take windows, spraying water the whole time.

Back