The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 290K
He's a Blue Whippet. Same as a greyhound but about half the size.

A speed demon, eh?? I wouldn't have guessed from his puppy body he will grow up to be very lean.

2 dogs is the perfect number!

Here's Duke Nukem, dog is as hyper as it gets unless you run him for about an hour or so. Poor guy is gonna hate me when I brush him out tomorrow, then it's to the vet for the snip snip. One of the best woods dogs I've ever owned though.

Attachments

• 20160314_110342.jpg
    20160314_110342.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 50
View attachment 69988
Here's my dog Jack chasing away 3 bears.

Great dogs all, funny pic Ed.

This dog barking at the Grizzlies is a good one.

We spent the weekend by the coast and the daily walks passed through some dunes with dozens of rabbits, my cocker spaniel was rather unnerved by them, I had to chase them off a bit before she'd follow.

Bit of a difference!

He's currently about the size of a mouse. Tiny thing, but wonderful temperament. Very affectionate and quiet.
I've promised myself another big dog when I have some land and a bigger house.

c5b6d54f114e47018b864bd8bbc31a31.jpg

d6c9002c1504de29259d35f8ff039597.jpg

b84aeb47b5b300bc952b8883ba9b7cc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

whippets are great little hounds, well done Ed. They are blindingly fast & there is all sorts of hilarity until they learn to stop & corner :lol:

Every whippet I've ever crossed paths with was shivering :). Must not be warm enough for them in Oregon.

Cuter than all get out, Ed!

Wow Ed! Good score.

The poops are gonna be tiny.

Here's Penny. Riding it out. I think I've witnessed her down shifting into 1st gear this last month...Old dog with old car.

d05bbf538e3247f09c290d86b674cd77.jpg

Well, Jim. Turns out as a surprise to me it's the last picture I ever took of her.....My wife called me today crying from the SPCA Vet...Penny had an MRI showing a belly, spleen and liver full of cancer. Three week cancer...She had a checkup a month ago. Fit as a fiddle. Then she stopped eating as much and her belly grew...then her breathing got shallow....the vet said there was nothing we could have done. Nice of them to say.

I've had dogs before but never loved one as much as this one.

3e4b8fadac04e59ccd343b235f4e2e0b.jpg

She was never modest. Watched her pull a whole pork rib down in one gulp at a wedding....she was in heaven that day. Now she's in Valhalla chasing snowy plover down Ocean Beach forever.

Back