The MS150 Has Arrived

Ya Scott,make the T shirt!! Love the quote.

New 150 guys, don't forget to drill out the recess in the muffler under the little cover. I did my Bermuda 150 just the other day and you should seen me smile, BIG difference. I've been back at work here a week and the 150 is killing it, all the small trees I used to prune with the handsaw I am racing through them with the 150, much easier on my shoulders. Been to summers since these trees got done so time for some slightly bigger cuts, def would have been a chore ith just a Silly.

Any way to get a little steel dog like the 200 has, on this sounding better all the time 150 baby? I'm perhaps ready to admit I'm indecently prejudiced, but that lack still is just about an insurmountable obstacle to my old school mind.

a nice halfway house might be a narrower kerf bar/chain on your 200t.

that 1/8" on the 150 is crazy.
just soo well balanced.
it really is like some kind of future lazer beam.

If your running them stock then drill the muffler as previously mentioned.

Had mine nearly 3 years now and had the muffler modded since it was in my hands. I had the Timing advanced by 6 degrees by a guy when he was rebuilding and porting my 660.

The saw rips even more with the timing advance. I should do a quick vid. I run the 10 inch bar and it will pull without bogging down in bar length hardwoods.

Crackling little saw!

Willard made a comment in another post about the shavings from drilling the muffler getting sucked back into the cylinder...oh gawd, I hope this hasn't just happened to mine.
Yesterday afternoon and this morning the saw was slow to pick up, then would cut out as soon as I let the throttle off. Today I ran it at about 1/4 throttle for a bit and now everything seems to be fine...either it wasn't shavings or I chewed through them...

When you're drilling in situations like that drilling slowly and using some grease on the bit can help to 'catch' the metal filings. Slowly and wiping and re applying grease as needed.

Bit late now...I had it in my mind to wash it out with gas, but I got distracted and forgot...maybe something to do with that birthday I just had...the one ending in a '0'...

Congrats on the big 3-0 Fiona!;).
It's been a while since you MM'd your saw, hasn't it? A drop of water in the fuel can make them act up for a tank or so.

Rich is right.

Might be worth the extra effort to remove the muffler before opening one up, then have at it with compressed air to clear any debris.

I picked up an ms150 yesterday and got to work modding it. In order to pull the carb to remove the limiters I had to remove the choke lever. This entailed removing the screw that holds the butterfly valve in place. Putting it back together i stripped the little screw (seemed very easy to do) I came up with a fix but remain worried that it will hold.

I need an IPL that includes the carb. Can anyone help?

I did take the muffler off before working on it, it's easy enough, just neglected to wash it out. I'll drop it off again this morning and have a peek through the exhaust port...

Sorry don't have an IPL, what about Mastermind?

This is what happens to a 150 if you use it heavily almost every day for 10 months, and never take things apart to clean:)

So, I peeked at the piston through the exhaust...it all looked ok.

What might be causing the saw to lag on pickup, struggle a wee bit, and cut out when the throttle is let off?
Then it gets a bit cranky to start again.

I've tried popping the gas cap in case the breather was blocked, didn't seem to make difference. If I let it idle for a bit with just a little throttle the problem goes away.
It happened twice today while I was working.

The saw gets a maintenance cleanup every day, chainbrake cleaned, bar cleaned, clutch area cleaned, airfilter tapped out, sharpen if needed. Sparkplug is a little dark but not too bad...any ideas?

If you have the spark arrestor screen in, check it, mine get a bit clogged after a couple months or so

Back