TCIA Expo

Sorry you won't be there this year Jerry and Terri. The new book sounds like a must-have for the coffee table.
Maybe we'll be needing a new coffee table to place it upon... How bad is shipping from Japan Jay?

I'm also going to be missing a lot of TCIA this year as we are scheduled for a weekend film festival (and a free vacation home at the beach - 25th anniversary stuff),
but I will likely be there Friday to catch up with a few folks.
Those of us there on Friday ought to try to meet at Paul's booth at a specified time so I can remember what those of you I've met look like and maybe meet some of you for the first time.

How bad is shipping from Japan Jay?

Unfortunately bad to worse, Pat. Things that don't fit within the post office size or weight regs, are absurdly expensive. Then there is custom's clearance and maybe import duty as well. I don't see the new world order happening being based on woodwork.

Jay,
I'll just have to commission you to make the furniture for my home in Japan when i hit it big at the Lotto...
There ought to be a legal loophole for true works of art(isanship) where they waive the import duty and subsidize the shipping in the interest of beautifying the world, one coffee table at a time...

Got sick... been down for three days; did get out and voted this morning; if better by Friday will be there...

Off to the TCIA Expo this morning ... :big-jump:

... wearing my TreeHouse shirt, Boss ... :rockon:

Nick, have you heard of the Hitch Hiker? I missed it, but I hear that it was introduced this wknd.

The purple color on the Morbark isn't the usual industrial yellow, or a 'tough guy' type of coloring. When you're a badass, you can wear whatever you want. Bruce Lee in a tutu would still be a badass.

Back