Project Poles

Altissimus

TreeHouser
have five wood six footers cast offs from the Power Company , wood is in good shape but ferrules are wallered out of round. Buy new ferrules and r & r ? Is it worth the outlay and time ? Wonder if only the female sides are bent ? Years back I did it a Fiberglass Pole and I seem to recall it was a pain in the ass but decades ago and could be false memory .... anyone do this chore ?

telephone poles, or poles like we would use for pruners? I know you can get wooden pruner poles with ferules so this confuses me lol

To quote my grandfather, I am neither a proctologist nor a fortune teller, I cannot read minds by looking at ass holes. Use your words, tell us what you want lolz!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Scene is I have plenty poles for what I do already , was thinking probably a waste of time and money ... about twenty bucks for new ferrule.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went through the poles with a jaundiced eye , one is worn / damaged to the point of no re-use , checked the male ferrules are mostly not out of round and work fine , if I could source the correct female ferrules they'd be about twenty bucks , off to storage with them.

Scene is I have plenty poles for what I do already , was thinking probably a waste of time and money ... about twenty bucks for new ferrule.
Still have to note that your use of the word "poles" in conjunction with the words "Power Company" leaves a ton of room for lack of understanding of what the hey you're talking about; reusing discarded wood power poles, the kind that have distribution lines mounted on them, is common hereabouts :|:.

I can see now that "ferrules" should have been the clue, but unfortunately that only confused me further.

With old people like me, what can you do? Spell it out like you're talking to second graders, I guess :D.

The power co. here sometimes (generally in rural areas only) cuts derelict poles into short lengths and leaves them in the ditch, knowing they'll disappear soon, saving them from messing with disposing of them. 6 to 8 foot lengths. ;)

Last edited:
I think @Altissimus is trolling us, what the hell sort of poles are we talking about? wooden pruners, telephone poles, the pole my mom has in her room?

yeah I figured as much, my direct family would laugh at that for 20 minutes

my best guess would be wooden pruner poles/hotsticks, ive never seen a utility pole with a "ferrule"
im still confused as to what this thread is about, he does mention installing ferrules on a fiberglass pole, which also points to hot stick/pruner pole idea

Marvin makes wooden pruner poles, so there is a likelihood although I feel like its very, very low, and we are infact talking about 6ft sections of creosote soaked pine
1700618028365.png