super small chipper/ homeowner sized chipper for small jobs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Totally a niche machine.

For me, the trip to the yard waste dump is 40-60 round trip, roughly, plus unloading time.

I hope to chip slowly, and avoid a lot of the dragging time, plus collateral impact and/ or remediation of it (lots of trips on wet lawn, especially a hill; minor scrapes along a fence, when the drag path is 3' wide, etc, etc). Lots of times things make noise without any effect, but it is heard like branch tips along a fence or building's siding. Mulch for the trees pruned, right where its needed.

This last week, it was 100' somewhat steeply downhill to the big chipper, and then the mulch would have had to be carried/ rolled 100' uphill. Two yards of chips. Mostly fruit tree suckers, so the mulch was stringy from my chuck-n-duck, and not good for landscaping mulch, as was the original plan, so it went to a community garden two miles away. Working solo sometimes means less production per day (Will was sick two days).

I have a chainsaw-powered capstan (winch), so I think i could manipulate the chipper into places without struggling to do it by hand, or use a simple MA system.

I'd heard from a few people who'd worked out there that towing regs weren't much of an issue so the bigger the better.

I can't say there's much red tape around how big a thing you can tow here. Plenty of small Co's can get by without owning a chipper in Oz because there's good availability of chipping contractors with 9-20 inch chippers.

I couldn't work that way, I like to chip as we go and when we leave everything is cleaned up and finished. Leaving piles of branches everywhere wouldn't work with most people that call us.

Bandit is the most popular around here now but Chipstar make a good range, they aren't cheap though. If I was ever going to buy another chipper it would be one of them. http://www.chipstar.com.au/products.html The 260 MX, but the 180 is a nice little chipper.

I couldn't work that way either Steve-my boys show up and chip at the specified time. Its more complicated to schedule work but I suppose we just adapt to the conditions. Were you saying earlier that your Bonel is for sale?

Interesting about those Aussie chippers, cannot understand why they'd use a single roller on the 6" model.
Single rollers suck!

Back