Chipper knife sources.

flushcut

TreeHouser
I am shopping around for a different source of chipper knives and stumbled across American Cutting Edge, Industrial Blades and Knives. So has anybody bought from them? Vermeer bc1500 $61.59 per knife isn't bad IMO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Modified a8! Lol

I have a feeling they will be fine. I read up on the company and it seems they have it going on.

Did not see blades for my 1250, although I think the 1230 blades fit. I'll have to dig deeper. My set of 4 are around 200.00 last bought and the anvil doubled

WesSpur was the cheapest I found for my buddy's 1998 Vermeer 1250 (same knives as the 1230). They are up to $42 each now but they have no sales tax and free shipping. They are actually Brush Bandit branded knives so I assume they have a chipper that uses the same size. Very good knives, edge lasts a long time.

Last edited:
Yeah I get hit with sales tax now, but the shipping is free.
Good ol CA.
I kind of did it to myself. One of our local saw shops (hardware store really) needed to help out all the crews when the beetle kill and ROW populated the place with tree crews. No local climb stores, guy gets in a pinch when he needs something NOW. So I helped set them up with WesSpur. Which in turn, makes WesSpur tax me since they have a "store" (whatever) in CA. My bad.

I think that tax is on all sales, now, for WA, regardless of state of the seller. Used to be tax- free.

It doesn't give out- of- state sellers a benefit.

Curious what others find for their state's sales taxes.

Last edited:
I think that really applies to all states, but maybe CA makes the merchant do the work? I'm sure everyone declares their purchases on their taxes at the end of the year like I do, right? ;^)

Back