Stein Arbor-Trolley

I bent the top supports of mine right away, they bent downward but Reg told me that was normal, and not to worry. They are mild steel so they will bend but not pull out of the welds.

I did bust the protection handle, it didn't fall out but it started rotating. I welded it back on (a friend did!) and added some 'dogs' (more like little bumps) to see if that made picking up the logs easier.

I bent one of the upright brush bars a little bit, mostly from pounding wedges and pounding the chipper shoot lever.

BFD right?

We put a helluva beating on ours. If it has a weak point we'll find it, no mercy here.

-- ----------------------

A buddy of mine bought one from treestuff.com… his guys used it for a month. Some had mixed thoughts, but once he took it away they started bitching. Understandable.

Then he bought four more.

Booya! AT in the house!!!

I bent one of the upright brush bars a little bit, mostly from pounding wedges and pounding the chipper shoot lever.

BFD right?

We put a helluva beating on ours. If it has a weak point we'll find it, no mercy here.

------------------------

A buddy of mine bought one from treestuff.com… his guys used it for a month. Some had mixed thoughts, but once he took it away they started bitching. Understandable.

Then he bought four more.

Booya! AT in the house!!!

Holy crap!lol A whole lotta trolleys!

Decided I'd hop on the trolley train myself! Finally got Dad to pick one up and loving it so far!
9yqa9yra.jpg

What we need are some mods for the AT. I figure that if a guy were take a couple of pieces of plywood that are cut to fit, and hinge them with rope loops through drilled holes, with a simple way to keep the sidewalls from falling in during loading (small piece of PVC pipe/ end cap attached to the rope or sumthin'), you can load firewood rounds and rakings and gear without it falling out.

This could double as a stump grinding shield or just use two screws above a window to hang it for protection.

Adrain, are you trying to make your gehl feel neglected? :)

Not quite! Can't afford a mini and there are a few clients where we can't drive any sort of machinery on their lawn, so with the ice storm we bought this to avoid dragging the ice covered limbs! Gehl still sees a lot of use, especially with the ice damage we got last week. Man, I can't tell you how nice it was compared to the last ice storm, not having to fight the ice covered pine limbs, dragging and lifting all that crap. Really made me appreciate the gehl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian, do you have a winch for skidding? Ice covered limbs sound heavy. As much as the AT rocks, not lifting to load would be sweet. I haven't really got the use out of my chainsaw powered capstan, yet. If I did more groundwork, I would, and with a new, competent/ trainable third man, I hope to employ trigger activated dino power, both independent of, and hooked to the AT.

Just got my arbor trolley in the mail. Is it just me or do they just throw this thing in a cardboard box with no packaging at all. There were holes in the box and axle and blue sticking out. FedEx said wasn't packaged good and they felt bad. For powder coating it sure was chipped up, would thought the paint held up better then that. One of the tire makes like a squishing squeak kind of a noise with load on it too, kinda annoying. Great product just poorly packaged.

Ty, I got from treestuff. I called and they said send some pics. I'm not super concerned of scratches, just when you spend that much money, you would think they could ship it better and not come all dinged up. I love there website already got another order I'm working on

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
With your feedback, I'm sure they will do better at packing it in the future. Believe me, one way or the other, Luke will make it right for you.

Tree Stuff is top shelf in terms of customer care. It simply doesn't get much better. Im sure mentioning it to them will help to avoid that in the future. They really are committed to excellence.

Mine came from Treestuff with a beat up box, but no damage. Remember to grease the bearings. There may be an instruction manual, but ...

I added PVC extensions on the stakes. Added about 2'. You can often slip them over the bars when its already loaded.

There is a bit of a learning curve based on the shape of the branches. My simplest advice is building a solid foundation, and avoid a lot of tip drag out the back end on non-paved surfaces for maximum output for minimum input. You'll be surprised at what it will do. Paved surfaces don't have much friction, so unless its a stiff branch pushing down, you're golden.

As said, until you hear something that is not to your satisfaction from Treestuff, don't sweat it, yet.

Yeah Mary took care me over at treestuff.com,great people and site. Thanks for advice I'll have try that out. Been using it nonstop already on a heavy elm and big oak. Love this tool

I am glad Mary was able to take care of it. We are working on the packaging with the American manufacturer, and Stein. Yours wasnt the first to get shipped out scratched and we have told them they need to figure this out!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, we love you!

Back