Stein Arbor-Trolley

xw6s.jpg

otwl.jpg

4dw5.jpg

We weren't quite logging like Bix, but got a lot of use out of the AT on the hung up alder the other day. Hope Erik got a good pic or two of the job. Maybe later today. I'd say the AT made a $75 pay-back/ ROI on that job. Keeps adding up!

Oh yeah, the Ropetek comm units were super important on that hung alder, too!

Alrighty....Bix, Bonner your good promoters of gear! Pulled the trigger on one from tree stuff this morning! Shipping was very reasonable! Have a pretty big job next week, 5 Chinese elms in tight back yards in Toronto, can't get the mini skid in. Should be here Friday or Monday morning depending on FedEx! Third tree stuff order in a week! Lol last one til my lift arrives in April! ( yeah probably not)!

I've said it before to Arb Trolley doubters but I'll say it again.

The advantage is not just the amount of brush that it can carry but the fact that millions of twigs and leaves don't get left along the drag route. 95% less raking the lawn at the end of the job.

Brilliant!

Two man move on on a soft path with a tight turn, flat, then downhill. The photo exaggerates it a bit, but it was lowered onto the cart and cut down to size.

Attachments

• IMG_20140116_134113371_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140116_134113371_HDR.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 67
As you see at the butt of the log, there is decay. That this tree didn't snap, when tipped into an adjacent one, bending about 70 degrees total from bottom to top, amazed me. If the log were solid, it wouldda weighed a lot. I'd say that it was 20'+. Using the comm units not only makes it easier to clearly communicate, even when just moving this thing in a tight track to not start pushing out a retaining wall, but keep your ears warm when its cold. Brrr... musta been 40 degrees F that day. haha. Sorry guys in the cold parts.

Who cares if it breaks in a year? It will have paid for itself in so many ways over and over and over. Buy another. They are easy to replace, a back/ shoulder/ wrist is not.

It will, but it is still a worthwhile $800 a year. You wouldn't go for an Craftsman over a 200T if it cost $800 a year for production work, right?

It will last more than a year, easy. I'm just saying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just don't think it was originally designed to routinely haul heavy loads over rough terrain.

I'd say if it didn't bend or break with that birch on it, it'll last a good while.

Has anyone bent or broke there's yet?

I think Nicks has bent a little in the brace in the bottom of the cradle but that's all I have heard.

Back