Stein Arbor-Trolley

My old tongue jack is about 2" round tube. I 'skewer' it from rear end toward the handle, vertically, and strap it to the frame to stablize it. A guy would weld up three pieces of angle iron in the rough shape of that trapazoid triangle in the AT and it would sit pretty.

Thanks guys.

Sean I've had those wheels the whole time, from the start. Plastic bushes too. They have held out great. Not sure how much weight difference there is.

Mick, that crow or raven wasn't real....but then a real one did come and sit with him for a while.
2015-06-01 20.48.35.jpg

Dang! Even Reg has to get into the Laurel this time of year... now I don't feel so bad. Hedge season sucks. Only Reg can make a good brush chipping video.

A neat little clip from a solo job I did recently. Use HD setting. Thanks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IWk9LAMI0TA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Caught red handed workin solo again eh Reg?

That kinda outlaw behavior's not ISA approved yu know!

Sorry Reginald ole pal, but I'm gonna have to report you to the authorities!

Did yu kill it or prune it?

Jomo

Check out the Harness review I did Jon, same as this in the gear forum. Its from the big douglas fir pruning right at the start of the vid. There was 2 firs, a Gary oak for pruning, and a red cedar for removal all in the back. A couple removals in the front too. I was there 2 days on my own.

I kinda figured those were the fir branch tips from your saddle vid. Nice vid. Hey btw, do you have any before and after pics of that big fir? That would be interesting to see.

Check out the Harness review I did Jon, same as this in the gear forum. Its from the big douglas fir pruning right at the start of the vid. There was 2 firs, a Gary oak for pruning, and a red cedar for removal all in the back. A couple removals in the front too. I was there 2 days on my own.

I did Reg, and your limb walking expertise duly noted!

But I'm just one of those hateful old school farts that can't stand those teeny tiny D rings n flippity floppity floating bridge saddles even if God himself was usin n promotin them.

But I really do envy n admire your videography skills mate, top notch, no doubt.

Jomo

I kinda figured those were the fir branch tips from your saddle vid. Nice vid. Hey btw, do you have any before and after pics of that big fir? That would be interesting to see.

Nah I wasnt thinking about it Cory. I do a lot of that type of work though. In that tree there was probably 3 big snapped limbs hung up in the canopy. New owners couldn't live with that, nor wanted the risk of more to come. Tree was about 140 in height, and some of the limbs were quite extended. Overall I think end-weight reduction is perhaps the best preventative pruning style for such trees and situations.

Overall I think end-weight reduction is perhaps the best preventative pruning style for such trees and situations.

No doubt. The srt work you were doing was excellent to watch and of course looked like the perfect approach to the job. You haven't been srt'g all that long, have you done jobs like that Ddrt?

Must be coming up for 4 years now on SRT Cory.

Yes I've done jobs like that Ddrt. It's doeble of course but a lot more work. Only slight advantage might be trying to keep all your weight in the line when returning on long bouncy limb walks. Other than that you use up too much effort and time.

I say we need more vids of you climbing :drink:

Btw, are those chainsaw pants you are wearing in the vid? If so, do you like em, who makes em, and how hot are they?

Thanks

Yeah maybe I will Cory. Climbing skills are not so easy to fake or exaggerate through editing....so Id be pretty confident showing some stuff in that respect. I just need to make the time and opportunity for it.

The pants are the same brand. They're good, but Id still sooner be without in the summer.

Imma bout to buy an AT, my wheelbarrow broke. Psyched!

OMG are you in for a treat. Wheelbarrows don't hold a candle to an AT.:thumbup:

Especially if you were using a single-wheel wheelbarrow.

I was thinking about one as I was dragging 8'-10' long yew branches to a driveway for chipping. Could have done it in half the time and effort. Not yet for me. Maybe a Christmas present.

OMG are you in for a treat. Wheelbarrows don't hold a candle to an AT.:thumbup:

Especially if you were using a single-wheel wheelbarrow.

We rarely do no-access work but, since the wheelbarrow broke, might as well step up.8)

Back