Root Collar Examination,gradually

Great vid, guy! I am intrigued by the blow torch idea. I'm gonna have to look into that more.

You kept saying the tree was over mulched. Do you mean for too long, or it was too deep- or both

Thanks for posting!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great vid, guy! I am intrigued by the blow torch idea. I'm gonna have to look into that more.

You kept saying the tree was over mulched. Do you mean for too long, or it was too deep- or both

Both; root work done 6 years ago applied leaf mold to trunk. possibly accelerating the rot imo, but the depth of the big adventitious girdling roots showed it had been covered a lot longer.
yes the torch works well on lesions of many kinds. not 100% on deactivating them, but well ahead of phosphite and other mineral drenches.
report is too big to attach here; can email, as it is publicly owned. the review of the other report is more sensitive; that one is on the down-low.
the other vids on that channel are shorter and get to the point quicker. the oak took a while; gotta be on the clock for this work!.

The hooked tool with a blue handle on it. Where did you purchase that from.
Looks to be a perfect tool for root work...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The hooked tool with a blue handle on it. Where did you purchase that from.
Looks to be a perfect tool for root work...

It is that. saw it at a trade show in ohio; i bought 6 but did not get dinner with the pretty blonde selling them. still glad i bought em though; nice presents,
excellent for scraping out those rotten grooves in the sinuses etc. one broke when abused as a lever. i think they are in AM Leonards catalog

Back