APTA in Primetime!

Would like to know how high the new APTA can reach......150ft + would be nice with 10oz bag for the tall big pondo's here

wondering too if this launcher has a blow off valve (presser relief) in case it gets pumped up to high? tube fail? just checking, not sure how thick walls are on tubing

I need to get out and do some testing. I set lines in big Ponderosas all the time but 150' trees here are not common. I know it will easily go past 120' but just how far, I have not tested but I will.

Like Nick said the valve is the weak/safety link. The aluminum of the one I am using is 1 1/2" schedule 40 6061-T6. It has thick walls and has a burst pressure of over 6000 psi.

That would work. I use a Joe Blow Sprint from Topeak. It will pump to 160 psi. Topeak makes one that is a three stage pump so it will pump fast but it will also hit 260 psi.

Thanks Dave! I just ordered one :)

Would like to know how high the new APTA can reach......150ft + would be nice with 10oz bag ...

How about 200' straight up with the 10 oz. bag, pulling 1.75 Zing-it and that was with the short, two foot long barrel as offered by TreeStuff!!! I had the time to do a few test shots for height today and they confirmed my suspicion that this APTA is smoking hot.

David

Back