Project Muscle Truck (again!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The ol' beast still hauls ass! :evil4:

I had to replace the voltage regulator and alternator. When they went they fried the battery too... but that was under warranty.

Haven't done much else to it. Now that I'm movin' in to a place with a decent garage with heat... I have some winter plans for the monster.

Short list:

Gonna lower it 2", Needs better radiator mounts, Overhaul transmission with new clutch packs and all the other innards, Some interior work, also update the ignition system (distributor and coil).

Gary

you talked about zddp--i noticed on another vw forum they were talking the same thing. seems its prevalent everywhere--when i get my 7.3 back together--ill def add a bunch to the crankcase to prevent what happened to you--thanks--

I got home from work at 10:30pm tonight... gettin' some last minute stuff done before headed out in the AM for a 3 day car show in Deming, WA. Gonna enter the rod in the "in progress", or "rat rod" category...

My buddy Matt that has a bad-ass 1972 Monte Carlo is goin' with me with his rod too. Pics will be up Sunday... :)

Gary

I built the small block in Matt's car. :) Glad we never had the same probs I did with my truck... ;)

Anyways... out the door on the way to the car show. Pics will follow in a couple of days!

Later!

Gary

Car show pics...

First 4 pics are the rigs at our camping spot... last 2 are the truck, and Matt's Monte during the show... :)

Very fun show! :thumbup: Definately goin' back next year. The guy we were camping next to is gonna sell me a 1969 Chevy parts truck for a song... My new neighbors will love seein' a blue rusted hulk sittin' next to the garage with a tarp over it... :lol: I just want it for the rear trailing arms and rearend... Then the rest is goin' to the scrap yard.

Gary

Attachments

• Fun Run Car Show 2009 001.jpg
    Fun Run Car Show 2009 001.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Fun Run Car Show 2009 002.jpg
    Fun Run Car Show 2009 002.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Fun Run Car Show 2009 003.jpg
    Fun Run Car Show 2009 003.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Fun Run Car Show 2009 004.jpg
    Fun Run Car Show 2009 004.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 631
  • Fun Run Car Show 2009 007.jpg
    Fun Run Car Show 2009 007.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Fun Run Car Show 2009 009.jpg
    Fun Run Car Show 2009 009.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 10
gary. the holes on the top of the front of the box??? someone had stacks on it before???

They were for 2 auxilliary fuel tanks. There are 2 holes in the bed of the truck as well. Truck was ordered that way. Shows on the factory build sheet. It also has factory cruise control (vacuum actuated). There was a hand lever in the floorboards just in front of the drivers side of the seat where the driver could switch from the main tank, to either one of the aux. tanks.

The truck was used as a camper hauler... so the bed is pristine with no rust, and 'nary a dent in it.

Gary

They were for 2 auxilliary fuel tanks. There are 2 holes in the bed of the truck as well. Truck was ordered that way. Shows on the factory build sheet. It also has factory cruise control (vacuum actuated). There was a hand lever in the floorboards just in front of the drivers side of the seat where the driver could switch from the main tank, to either one of the aux. tanks.

The truck was used as a camper hauler... so the bed is pristine with no rust, and 'nary a dent in it.

Gary

hmmm. have never seen that before. cool--

Found this on another forum:D
8)8)8)
TfabF3QZ.jpg

Lvr7yj1h.jpg

Could suprise a few other drivers me thinks;)

no shit there, a Viper motor in a beaten ride like that? As long as it can hook up its golden for pinks on a friday night! :D

Now that is the slickest sleeper I have seen in a long long time.

Thanks for sharing.

the red one behind it (the charger) looks like an Impala, the purplish/maroon one to the right looks like a firebird and there are some blue and white cars that look like late 50's Chevs... :D

Whats done to the small block?Very clean looking car did it win any prizes at the show?

Back