Ponderosa speedline 2

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 121
  • Views 13K
R

robdog

Since the last epic thread has been closed I claim there are many more speedline jobs since,here is one bit of proof.Speedline the only way sometimes...

Attachments

• vlcsnap-66000.png
    vlcsnap-66000.png
    937.1 KB · Views: 27
  • wrightwood 09 003.jpg
    wrightwood 09 003.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
?

No video?

Not yet ,editing it .Look at the angle of the ropes ,maybe that can tell us how tall these trees were.... set the brush right in the vehicle.Two story house .

On trees that tall I would have at least three climbers up there.

I don't remember anyone having a problem with speedlines Rob. It was the how and not the what that folks had issues with. Speedlines are great if done safely.

Not yet ,editing it .Look at the angle of the ropes ,maybe that can tell us how tall these trees were.... set the brush right in the vehicle.Two story house .

Maybe 80 footer's? The climber in that second pic looks to be at about 40' to 50'?

I guess you don't have a chipper?

I'm tired of the games. You come here looking for raving fans, not peers amongst which to relax and converse.

You come here bragging of all the tree work you've done, yet you don't know what climbing saw to buy or where to buy it.

You come here claiming years of experience with speedlines, including running multiple training seminars, yet you don't know where to buy rope.

You claim to be an experienced and skilled climber but cannot fit into a XXL t-shirt.

You try to pass off pictures and videos from other sources as your own.

If you care to participate in some other topics besides the ones you start yourself, fine. But nobody here is going to respond positively when your only input to the forum is to throw up questionable pictures and say "What do you think?" without possessing the ability to discuss any methods or gear in detail.

In short, go crawl back under your bridge. :what:

locals call em' "bridge tenders" here.

I love a good speedline

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEvzzwRXAP4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEvzzwRXAP4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfCz9Etwtxs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfCz9Etwtxs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trolls?

I'm tired of the games. You come here looking for raving fans, not peers amongst which to relax and converse.

You come here bragging of all the tree work you've done, yet you don't know what climbing saw to buy or where to buy it.

You come here claiming years of experience with speedlines, including running multiple training seminars, yet you don't know where to buy rope.

You claim to be an experienced and skilled climber but cannot fit into a XXL t-shirt.

You try to pass off pictures and videos from other sources as your own.

If you care to participate in some other topics besides the ones you start yourself, fine. But nobody here is going to respond positively when your only input to the forum is to throw up questionable pictures and say "What do you think?" without possessing the ability to discuss any methods or gear in detail.

In short, go crawl back under your bridge. :what:

Pity you have not met me in person,I believe You might react differently. This is a posting forum and I posted one of my speedline jobs,You dont like it dont respond. I have been posting here for years. I dont think I am better than any other tree service but I share my work with my employees and other sites. I have many friends who like the pics and videos.You aparently think I am doing this for glory.I have all I need and care less about negative remarks....I havent insulted you as of yet and for sure turned the other cheek...dont push it.

Maybe 80 footer's? The climber in that second pic looks to be at about 40' to 50'?

I guess you don't have a chipper?

The trees were about 120' and 90' for the small one. the way the branches were brought down the chipper was in the way.A tight driveway opening and it wouldnt fit there.Besides the 18'x8' x 4' sides trailer held all the brush for both trees.

driveway looks open enough fo' a chippa. 18' trailer is fricken huge. Your preaching to the choir about tight driveways

tight driveway

driveway looks open enough fo' a chippa. 18' trailer is fricken huge. Your preaching to the choir about tight driveways

They are tough in those MTs The angle was steep and the curve didnt allow for more equipment.The size of that trailer was perfect for both trees. The driveways in your neck of the woods the a problem? In the winter up here the snow and ice makes it twice as bad.

Don't fergit this shot of Eli.

Wow, if we had all the duplicate threads cross referenced, there's room for it all in a book.

And our classy language would shine with the utmost respect for our peers and contemporaries.

IMG_3644W400.jpg

Respect for our peers? When someone calls me on the phone looking for a job, the worst thing they can tell me is that they are a tree climber. You might as well tell me your an ex con with substance abuse issues. I only consort with all these tree guys because they are a safe distance away from me. I keep a can of pepper spray around if any of them come too close.

I wonder if you can get a restraining order for folks from one specific occupation?

Ya know the ol website is going downhill when the off topic chit chat by the moderators need moderating. I guess that's why there are other websites.

To get back on track, ere's another shot of Eli's tree, taken by another good ol boy, Rbtree.

IMG_3628W400.jpg

Ya know the ol website is going downhill when the off topic chit chat by the moderators need moderating. I guess that's why there are other websites.

To get back on track, ere's another shot of Eli's tree, taken by another good ol boy, Rbtree.

IMG_3628W400.jpg

so robdog is eli?

IMG_3628W400.jpg

That is cool, that is the 1 thing i feel limited in, speedlining huge heavy ass blocks of wood, ive done smaller ones, but i havent ever felt the confidence to fling that large of a block onto a speedline.
I know you and Rb are both big wood riggers, so hats off to you
if ya ever feel like giving an in depth explanation of the hardware used, and the reasoning it would be appreciated and would bring this thread back up

Eli now is www.ktctreecare.com....I see one of the pics on his site are of myself and Tom Ford, in that snowy maple, that you worked with us on, Ox....way back in 2002.

The way we rigged that large wood, was to lower it, stopping it in a reasonable distance, with the GRCS. We then cranked it up, added a sling to the load, then clipped it to the speedline, which had an lot of mechanical advantage, perhaps 8-1, in order to get the tension we needed.

The last cut that Eli made was heavy, and we'd switched to 3/4 inch line, which is too large for the GRCS, as there's only room for 3 wraps. We barely got it onto the speedline. But, I went up and finished the tree, after protecting the chain link fence with plywood and tires, then dropping single length rounds into the tiny drop zone.

Worked a charm.... Butt hitching wood is my least favorite chore.

IMG_3628W400.jpg

Actually, that was Scott Chapple's job.

Scott just helped me last weekend take a smallish hemlock off a cabin, up at Snoqualmie Pass, a couple miles from where he resides. It had slowly cracked and gone over onto the cabin, from snow load. Neighbor said it took quite some time to make it down---hours or days, I dunno.... It was easy, he worked it down cowboy style...

brings back memories

Actually, that was Scott Chapple's job.

Scott just helped me last weekend take a smallish hemlock off a cabin, up at Snoqualmie Pass, a couple miles from where he resides. It had slowly cracked and gone over onto the cabin, from snow load. Neighbor said it took quite some time to make it down---hours or days, I dunno.... It was easy, he worked it down cowboy style...

Those chuncks look big and I am glad someone he hung them first before attaching the SL. Still hard to believe a 5/8 rope could stop those big pieces.3/4 from the beginning makes it more confident.I was about about 12 when my dad brought me up to watch helo tree fert. in Snoqualmie ,he worked for a place called high life helocopters.....

Thanks Rb
i always hated that second or so from when the block tips over till the crash of it bumpin the trunk, and the ache in the knees if it were stopped short,
would be weird watching a speedline section of that much weight

Those chuncks look big and I am glad someone he hung them first before attaching the SL. Still hard to believe a 5/8 rope could stop those big pieces.3/4 from the beginning makes it more confident.I was about about 12 when my dad brought me up to watch helo tree fert. in Snoqualmie ,he worked for a place called high life helocopters.....

Most of that wood weighed 500-700 lb, with the last piece prolly 800-1000. We were prolly using my 9/16th line, rated at 13,000, and well within its capability. The GRCS can't handle 3/4, as I said, and the Hobbs would have been slower to crank the loads back up, onto the speedline. Thus, I'm glad I was able to finish off the big wood by free dropping it.

We gave up trying to lift that last section onto the zip line, and lowered it straight down.

Back